Future of Freedom Pass?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Future of Freedom Pass?

There are mixed signals on the Freedom Pass. The Eastern areas (Magic, Plattekill, Bolton, Black) prominently mention that season passholders get the Freedom Pass. Greek Peak says that they are joining the program.

However, out West, it's a differently story. If you go to the Purgatory season pass page (https://www.purgatoryresort.com/the-...season-passes/), there's no mention of the Freedom Pass or any eastern mountains. It's the same at AZ Snowbowl, Pajarito and Sipapu, which are all owned by the same people. Similar story at Ski Cooper (https://www.skicooper.com/season-passes/).

So it sure looks like the Freedom Pass will become a Northeast only product for 2019-2020. Am I wrong?

FWIW, freedompass.ski still shows the same mountains from 18/19, but I don't believe this.

That may be the case, but the final agreements may not be finalized yet. I know Powder Alliance is still firming up their lineup for 19-20, as is the Indy Pass. Some may not be firm until September. The MCP resorts were a big add to the Freedom Pass and I hope they stay, if not, it's still a pretty decent deal.
    Last edited by 2planks2coasts; Jun 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    There are mixed signals on the Freedom Pass. The Eastern areas (Magic, Plattekill, Bolton, Black) prominently mention that season passholders get the Freedom Pass. Greek Peak says that they are joining the program.

However, out West, it's a differently story. If you go to the Purgatory season pass page (https://www.purgatoryresort.com/the-...season-passes/), there's no mention of the Freedom Pass or any eastern mountains. It's the same at AZ Snowbowl, Pajarito and Sipapu, which are all owned by the same people. Similar story at Ski Cooper (https://www.skicooper.com/season-passes/).

So it sure looks like the Freedom Pass will become a Northeast only product for 2019-2020. Am I wrong?

FWIW, freedompass.ski still shows the same mountains from 18/19, but I don't believe this.
    That is not the case - don't read into it too much. Management of the Freedom Pass is very "loose" to say the least ie disorganized. The mountains are just now talking about who is going to be on it next year, I would not expect many if any subtractions. I have an email stating Cooper is still in, etc.

Thanks for the responses, hope you guys are correct.

I am considering a Ski Cooper season pass, just for the partner resorts. But I sure would like to see some sort of commitment to the Freedom Pass on their website.

I think you're safe, this is an internal email from their Director of Sales and Marketing to the other Freedom contacts.

@newpylong, must be a confidential email, cuz I can't see anything

Lol. Yes I would not post that, I just meant this info where they stated they will be on the pass again was there. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Thanks for the responses, hope you guys are correct.

I am considering a Ski Cooper season pass, just for the partner resorts. But I sure would like to see some sort of commitment to the Freedom Pass on their website.
    Would love to see a TR from ski cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Would love to see a TR from ski cooper.
    Might not be a trip report, but bushmogulmaster is director of operations at Ski Cooper. Been there a few years. He's definitely contributed a little bit of Cooper stoke on AZ over that time

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I notice that Ski Cooper added this to their season pass webpage: "THE FREEDOM PASS IS STILL UNDER DISCUSSION AND MAY INCLUDE ADDITIONAL PARTNERS." Confirmation, sort of...

Thread Information