Big Boulder/Peak Resorts loose $2.5m lawsuit

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Big Boulder/Peak Resorts loose $2.5m lawsuit

https://www.law.com/thelegalintellig...20190517200638

Lolz

Gonna have to sell more Oxy to get the moneys back.

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    https://www.law.com/thelegalintellig...20190517200638

Lolz

Gonna have to sell more Oxy to get the moneys back.

No, ticket, pass, and prices on everything else will continue to go up across the industry to cover the costs of lawsuits and rising insurance premiums

2.5 million for a broken leg!!
    Just another asshole that can't take responsibility for their own actions.

So much of this case seems to be what is wrong with our legal system these days...

The guy and his friends had been out snowboarding early in the day. Took the afternoon off for lunch (maybe some drinks and who knows what else possibly...)

Went back out in the evening. Saw the rope across the trail which they said was down on the snow across the entrance to the trail when they found it, proceeded down the trail, which they said had been open earlier in the day when they were out, went off a "10 foot high" jump (?snow making whale??) and after launching off the jump, in mid air, realized that he was going to land on the fan gun, at which point he suffered his broken leg.

Somehow this is a 2.5 million award?? And if the aged old roughly 1/3 cut for the lawyer is true in this case, that's an 800K+ pay day for the attorney as well......
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. This is far from the end of it.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Q: What's wrong with our legal system?

A: A good lawyer have a much better chance of winning a case against an ineffective lawyer.

TWO implications I can immediately see:

1) Rich people are able to hire more effective lawyers than poor people. So they have an advantage

2) Good lawyer may be attracted to well paying practices, e.g. injuries related lawsuits.

There may be more, but those were the 2 that jumps out to me.

Stupid is expensive for all.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Stupid is expensive for all.
    So maybe offer limited Tort tickets at a discount? Basically waive your right to sue just like auto insurance?
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    So maybe offer limited Tort tickets at a discount? Basically waive your right to sue just like auto insurance?
    I guess just not being stupid isn't even an option anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I guess just not being stupid isn't even an option anymore.
    Nope. I personally know a lawyer who won a case for a drunk. Guy leaves first Bar after a drink ...totally sober. Goes to a second Bar and gets blasted. Injured someone... sues both Bars and wins. #%^**+><<. Legal system is a joke!!!
    What really pissed me off was he laughs about it.
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Thread Information