Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    In for one VT 4-pack. Big thanks for posting the reminder and the link. What is the discount card that comes with the free random lift ticket, is it this ... https://www.rideandskine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    In for one VT 4-pack. Big thanks for posting the reminder and the link. What is the discount card that comes with the free random lift ticket, is it this ... https://www.rideandskine.com/
    Sold out now.

Mountain Sports Club may still have "free lift tickets" available with membership (a month ago you could get 3x Berkshire East passes with a card for $99, but it sold out quickly), but the Ride and Ski NE card is much better (50% off instead of BOGOs and more options). Last year they were giving away "free" passes to a variety of places at the Boston Ski Show, which is essentially when it goes on sale. If I recall, I showed up on a later day of the ski show and no more free passes were available.

The passes weren't exactly free anyway but like add an extra $15 so worth it if you like their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    awesome, i was able to grab one this year. this will give me the incentive to get to Magic. haven't been there in probably 30 years.
    You should definitely head back to Magic. However I’m not sure I would “waste” one of my $47.25 4-pack tickets there. Thursdays (except powder days) are only $29 and Fri-Sun tickets are pretty cheap and many discounts are available, eg the Champlain card mentioned by bdfreetuna, Vermont Travel Card, Indy Pass, etc.

I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year. The two places I want to ski most in VT are Mad River and Magic anyway, and they are both on the Fox44/MyChamplainValley card in addition to the VT 4-pack.

I have gotten the VT 4-pack and the Champlain valley card at different times.

This year we are getting Ikon passes so will likely just ski the areas that take that this season. Already have trips planned to Steamboat and jackson Hole so the Ikon made a lot of sense.
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year.
    As I noted before I passed on the 4-pack as I just dont think it's that great of a deal anymore, and I'll pass on Fox44 too, but I'm actually hoping they haven't learned from their mistake the last few years and price it just as expensively again so I can buy it circa March 6th for a massive discount. I would have done that last season, but I had too much inventory left in early March.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    You should definitely head back to Magic. However I’m not sure I would “waste” one of my $47.25 4-pack tickets there. Thursdays (except powder days) are only $29 and Fri-Sun tickets are pretty cheap and many discounts are available, eg the Champlain card mentioned by bdfreetuna, Vermont Travel Card, Indy Pass, etc.
    I'll have to look into those a bit more. regardless i'm stoked getting one of these and I'm getting stoked for the season!
    Last edited by Pez; Oct 2, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

Got a vt4 for me and one for my son. Plan on using at Stowe, sugarbush, killington and not sure of the 4th place yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year. The two places I want to ski most in VT are Mad River and Magic anyway, and they are both on the Fox44/MyChamplainValley card in addition to the VT 4-pack.
    champlain cards coming out end of october. i emailed them yesterday. no details on pricing or resorts provided tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    champlain cards coming out end of october. i emailed them yesterday. no details on pricing or resorts provided tho.
    Thank you for this information, looking forward to it.

Thread Information