• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020

BenedictGomez

Happy to see the No Boundaries deals posted. These look good.

Does everyone think this?

I was pretty surprised at the cost given the pre-release commentary about affordability & their mission statement etc... I figured prices would be way lower than what's posted.

KustyTheKlown

agreed bg. no great deals here, especially with the need to prepurchase and roll the dice on conditions.

steve22

Does everyone think this?

I was pretty surprised at the cost given the pre-release commentary about affordability & their mission statement etc... I figured prices would be way lower than what's posted.

I think they look OK and provide another option. It depends on your personal situation. I ski out of a place in Lincoln so the Cannon deal offered is a very good one for me, considering the dates are Saturdays. I used to get the White Mountain Super Pass and I still may for this year. Weekend deals are tough to find for the mountains I frequent (Loon, Cannon, Bretton Woods)

bdfreetuna

I could see one or two of those filling a gap mid-season. How far in advance do you have to purchase and commit?

bdfreetuna

justjen

Are the deals at the Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo usually any good? I have no idea whether they are any better than what you can find through online sales.

justjen

Only time I'll be making it to BW is prime season on the MyChamplainValley card.

That said I'm pumped for the ski show, even though it's usually a waste of time, I'm feeling lucky this year, as in lots of ski areas handing out deep discount coupons. We'll see!

I didn't see this before posting my question! Maybe it's worth a go...

bdfreetuna

It's worth it for the Gore 2-for-1's and Bolton coupons. Last year I think Stratton had 3 days for $159 or so. Wachusett had 2 for $99. Typical examples.

It's kind of like having all your early season deals in one place, maybe better in some cases, for easy comparison shopping.

urungus

Ski for free at Bretton Woods tomorrow!

From https://www.brettonwoods.com/alpine_conditions/snow_conditions

Get your equipment and your ski clothes ready, we are opening for the season tomorrow at noon. Bring a canned good or non-perishable item to donate to Omni Hotel's "Say Goodnight to Hunger" initiative and you can ski free from noon to 3:30pm. Please be aware, there will be no beginner terrain available but we hope to have some soon! The guns will be running so be sure to pack your goggles or stop in at TreeTop Alpine and see some of the great gear they offer! For all of you wondering, the Bretton Woods Skyway 8-passenger gondola is complete and will be operational this winter! Keep checking the Bretton Woods Facebook page for more updates as we inch closer to the start of the season.

Skrn

Has anybody received ChamplainValley Ski card? Bought it this year a while back but haven't received it. Not sure how they will be delivered.

MidnightJester

Was wondering if anyone has come across a new website link for a 2019/2020 Killington 2for1 lift ticket voucher.

KustyTheKlown

they aren't doing bogos this year. dynamic pricing on the website. buy early to lock in greater discounts.

i think it is lame and my early season business was redirected to sunday river and loon this past weekend on the basis that they were open, free for me, and i'm unlikely to exhaust my ikon allotments there. i can't start burning pass days in vermont quite yet

bdfreetuna

they aren't doing bogos this year. dynamic pricing on the website.

And their "dynamic prices" seemed to have jumped up significantly already. I'm finding Mount Snow to be the more affordable (and closer) option for November skiing. I'm not even thinking about using my cache of passes yet. Long season ahead of us!

I have a Killington early season 2-for-1 needs to be used before mid-December. Maybe I should use passes early... I've got Thursdays wide open this year for Magic $29 and Mt Ellen $30 ;)