• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020

BenedictGomez

NJ stores? Could be tempting to 20-21 ski season, especially if they add a few more places.

Cant speak to the prevalence, but it's been in both of the NJ Costco locations I've been to in the last few weeks.

There was also some Killington 3-pack thing for $200'something dollars, but I didnt bother to mention it as I imagine that's not a great deal.

jaytrem

i dont think you can reasonably count on this being at costco for 2020-2021. i assume they're in costco because their direct sales this year didn't hit their projections.

Yeah, I would buy in advance if I plan an Indy western trip. I really don't mind giving them an extra $25 per person. Just need Schwietzer and Spokane on there and it would be hard to resist.

bdfreetuna

i dont think you can reasonably count on this being at costco for 2020-2021. i assume they're in costco because their direct sales this year didn't hit their projections.

Too bad if true. I'm kicking myself a little for not getting one this year. Next year it'll be the first thing I purchase and I'm excited to see if there's any solid Eastern additions. I could def see planning a Western trip based on the options available too.

smw

Just discovered REI has a bunch of discounted lift tickets. You can buy in advance for any weekend, holiday, or midweek. Have to either pick up in store or have them shipped, they do not email with a barcode or anything like that. I just got Adult weekend/holiday tickets for Bretton Woods for $84, which is a $20 discount. www.rei.com/c/lift-tickets

If you have a season pass and are blacked out. You get half off day tickets MLK weekend at Black Mountain of Maine

KustyTheKlown

if you buy a helmet at killingtonsports (including online), you get a free any day killington lift ticket for remainder of season. promo goes jan 17-26. killingtonsports.com. website gave me an error when i tried to go look tho.

bdfreetuna

Magic is free on Monday, can't beat that. If I didn't have 4 pre-paid Magic passes for the season I'd be highly motivated

Black Mountain of Maine is free Thursday and half price this weekend for those who have blacked out season passes

Zand

I think sometime in the next week is when the Fox44 pass dropped to $80 last year. Would scoop that up for sure if they do it again.

skicub

I think sometime in the next week is when the Fox44 pass dropped to $80 last year. Would scoop that up for sure if they do it again.

I’m worried they won’t do it this year, and I need it for magic mad River and BW

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Last season I sent them a message asking if they were doing a clearance sale, and a couple days later... maybe someone else could do it this season....

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

skicub

From Fox44:

Good morning Andy –

Yes, we will be offering a discounted card. Check the website next week, you should find it half off….

Cheers,
J

Yea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone