Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020 - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Another option for pre-buy tickets: https://www.mountainsportsclub.com/register.cfm
    What sorts of prices do they have lift tickets for? Have you used them before? Just curious before jumping in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    What sorts of prices do they have lift tickets for? Have you used them before? Just curious before jumping in.
    It's listed on his link. From earlier today (and I'm considering this just for a Smuggs ticket):

MSC membership + 2 Berkshire East tix: $75
    MSC membership + 1 Smuggs tix: $40

The Mountain Sports Club itself is OK if you ski with a partner most of the time; it's mostly 2-for-1 deals or $15 off here and there.

I prefer the Ride and Ski Card, although this year many of their deals have been reduced from 50% to 40% off (as prices have continued to rise). At least Ride and Ski Card covers a few more bases for a solo Vermont-area skier. It's likely they'll be giving away passes at the Boston Ski Show in a couple weeks with purchase of their passes as well.

But as I said Mountain Sports Club is currently looking good even if only viewed as a way to get a one or more pre-season passes on the cheap. I've used MSC a few years in the past but the 2-for-1 thing sort of put me off of it.

I have tickets to the Warren Miller event with my wife and a friend... can't beat it for 1x Smuggs early/late season, 1x Sugarbush midweek, 1x Wachusett early/late, and a Killington 2-for-1... maybe the movie will be good too!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Years ago MSC was great for all sorts of discounts. Now it's pretty much only worth joining as a "payment" for 1 cheap ticket. My guess is it will cease to exist within 5 years. Such is the path of most S.O.T.C. deals sadly.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thank you both for the info.

It sounds like Ski No Boundaries is posting their lift ticket deals for the season next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    It's listed on his link. From earlier today (and I'm considering this just for a Smuggs ticket):

MSC membership + 2 Berkshire East tix: $75
    MSC membership + 1 Smuggs tix: $40

The Mountain Sports Club itself is OK if you ski with a partner most of the time; it's mostly 2-for-1 deals or $15 off here and there.
    I have used MSC to buy tickets. I consider the MSC membership to be largely worthless, but the ticket deals are good.

If you want, for example, 4 Berkshire East tickets, I am pretty sure you can join twice. The owner of MSC doesn't care about multiple memberships from the same person. At least, in the past he didn't care.

MSC is really not a direct competitor to the Ride and Ski card. But the Vermont Travel Club is quite similar to Ride and Ski and I think it offers better deals:

https://www.vermonttravelclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I have used MSC to buy tickets. I consider the MSC membership to be largely worthless, but the ticket deals are good.

If you want, for example, 4 Berkshire East tickets, I am pretty sure you can join twice. The owner of MSC doesn't care about multiple memberships from the same person. At least, in the past he didn't care.
    Can confirm that the tickets, when sent, are just basic print-out stubs. Completely transferable. I'm sure one could theoretically get as many memberships as one has email accounts, family members and/or aliases.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Can confirm that the tickets, when sent, are just basic print-out stubs. Completely transferable. I'm sure one could theoretically get as many memberships as one has email accounts, family members and/or aliases.
    Total transferable - no names on them and yes I have joined multiple times in the past using differnt email addresses.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

New England's Best Lift Ticket Deals

We're excited to announce our unbeatable lift ticket deals for this season. At No Boundaries, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to ski or ride, and we hope that these deals make it possible for many of you to hit the slopes this winter.
    The prices shown below are for adult lift tickets, but rates for children, teens, and seniors are even lower in most cases! We also offer discounted rentals at each of these mountains. Remember, it's free to become a No Boundaries member, but you must be logged in to see and purchase these incredible deals.

It's only November, so don't be surprised if we add even more deals as the season goes on!
    Also, don't forget about our 3 day/2 night Ski & Stay Deal at Jay Peak for as low as $230 per person and our 2 day/2 night Ski & Stay Deal at Killington for as low as $215 per person. Both of these deals will sell out soon!
    Mark your calendars and get your gear together; winter is here! We hope to see you on the slopes soon.

Happy to see the No Boundaries deals posted. These look good. Can't help but imagine that they're going to have a harder time next year when Wildcat, Attitash, and Mount Snow presumably no longer participate. I wouldn't mind seeing more deals with some of the smaller resorts like Magic, Bromley, Waterville, or even a place like Bolton or Smuggs.

Thread Information