Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Happy to see the No Boundaries deals posted. These look good.
    Does everyone think this?

I was pretty surprised at the cost given the pre-release commentary about affordability & their mission statement etc... I figured prices would be way lower than what's posted.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

agreed bg. no great deals here, especially with the need to prepurchase and roll the dice on conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Does everyone think this?

I was pretty surprised at the cost given the pre-release commentary about affordability & their mission statement etc... I figured prices would be way lower than what's posted.
    I think they look OK and provide another option. It depends on your personal situation. I ski out of a place in Lincoln so the Cannon deal offered is a very good one for me, considering the dates are Saturdays. I used to get the White Mountain Super Pass and I still may for this year. Weekend deals are tough to find for the mountains I frequent (Loon, Cannon, Bretton Woods)

I could see one or two of those filling a gap mid-season. How far in advance do you have to purchase and commit?

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I could see one or two of those filling a gap mid-season. How far in advance do you have to purchase and commit?
    In most cases, the day before by noon.

Bretton Woods deals at the Boston Ski Expo this weekend. $29 early season, $519 ten pack and others

https://www.brettonwoods.com/specials/specials/FEATURED-Special

Quote Originally Posted by steve22 View Post
    Bretton Woods deals at the Boston Ski Expo this weekend. $29 early season, $519 ten pack and others

https://www.brettonwoods.com/specials/specials/FEATURED-Special
    Only time I'll be making it to BW is prime season on the MyChamplainValley card.

That said I'm pumped for the ski show, even though it's usually a waste of time, I'm feeling lucky this year, as in lots of ski areas handing out deep discount coupons. We'll see!

Are the deals at the Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo usually any good? I have no idea whether they are any better than what you can find through online sales.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Only time I'll be making it to BW is prime season on the MyChamplainValley card.

That said I'm pumped for the ski show, even though it's usually a waste of time, I'm feeling lucky this year, as in lots of ski areas handing out deep discount coupons. We'll see!
    I didn't see this before posting my question! Maybe it's worth a go...

It's worth it for the Gore 2-for-1's and Bolton coupons. Last year I think Stratton had 3 days for $159 or so. Wachusett had 2 for $99. Typical examples.

It's kind of like having all your early season deals in one place, maybe better in some cases, for easy comparison shopping.

Thread Information