• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020

Pez

Anyone else on their mailing list but not receive an email with the info and the link?

ugosplat

Anyone else on their mailing list but not receive an email with the info and the link?

I believe it is a separate mailing list. e.g., last year after they went on sale and sold out, a waiting list request form was listed on the site (https://skivermont.com/ski-vermont-4-pass-information, (same link as last year but also has all of this year's details)). I have always been on the skivermont mailing list but only after I submitted my email address on the waiting list form did I start to get the email with the info and link.

sull1102

managed to get one of the highly coveted SKIVT 4 Packs, first time for myself. The site is still working as of 12:02.

bdfreetuna

Grabbed one VT pass. Next up: Fox44/MyChamplainValley card which is more bang for the buck anyway

Look for that to go on sale in about a month

Pez

awesome, i was able to grab one this year. this will give me the incentive to get to Magic. haven't been there in probably 30 years.

bdfreetuna

awesome, i was able to grab one this year. this will give me the incentive to get to Magic. haven't been there in probably 30 years.

Last year Fox44/MyChamplainValley had, for about $150 if I recall (went up to $175 quickly though for some reason):

Whiteface, Gore, Magic, Mad River Glen, Smugglers Notch, Bolton Valley, Burke, Cannon, Bretton Woods

plus a bunch of smaller mountains that some folks might be interested in depending their location, maybe a few of them aren't even that small but I forgot which ones and emptied my wallet already

Just saying Magic may be on this deal again as well

bdfreetuna

In for one VT 4-pack. Big thanks for posting the reminder and the link. What is the discount card that comes with the free random lift ticket, is it this ... https://www.rideandskine.com/

Sold out now.

Mountain Sports Club may still have "free lift tickets" available with membership (a month ago you could get 3x Berkshire East passes with a card for $99, but it sold out quickly), but the Ride and Ski NE card is much better (50% off instead of BOGOs and more options). Last year they were giving away "free" passes to a variety of places at the Boston Ski Show, which is essentially when it goes on sale. If I recall, I showed up on a later day of the ski show and no more free passes were available.

The passes weren't exactly free anyway but like add an extra $15 so worth it if you like their options.

urungus

You should definitely head back to Magic. However I’m not sure I would “waste” one of my $47.25 4-pack tickets there. Thursdays (except powder days) are only $29 and Fri-Sun tickets are pretty cheap and many discounts are available, eg the Champlain card mentioned by bdfreetuna, Vermont Travel Card, Indy Pass, etc.

crazy

I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year. The two places I want to ski most in VT are Mad River and Magic anyway, and they are both on the Fox44/MyChamplainValley card in addition to the VT 4-pack.

crank

I have gotten the VT 4-pack and the Champlain valley card at different times.

This year we are getting Ikon passes so will likely just ski the areas that take that this season. Already have trips planned to Steamboat and jackson Hole so the Ikon made a lot of sense.

BenedictGomez

I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year.

As I noted before I passed on the 4-pack as I just dont think it's that great of a deal anymore, and I'll pass on Fox44 too, but I'm actually hoping they haven't learned from their mistake the last few years and price it just as expensively again so I can buy it circa March 6th for a massive discount. I would have done that last season, but I had too much inventory left in early March.

Pez

You should definitely head back to Magic. However I’m not sure I would “waste” one of my $47.25 4-pack tickets there. Thursdays (except powder days) are only $29 and Fri-Sun tickets are pretty cheap and many discounts are available, eg the Champlain card mentioned by bdfreetuna, Vermont Travel Card, Indy Pass, etc.

I'll have to look into those a bit more. regardless i'm stoked getting one of these and I'm getting stoked for the season!

Last edited:

Smellytele

Got a vt4 for me and one for my son. Plan on using at Stowe, sugarbush, killington and not sure of the 4th place yet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

I decided to pass on the VT 4-pack in the hopes that the Fox44/MyChamplainValley comes back again this year with the same or similar offerings to last year. The two places I want to ski most in VT are Mad River and Magic anyway, and they are both on the Fox44/MyChamplainValley card in addition to the VT 4-pack.

champlain cards coming out end of october. i emailed them yesterday. no details on pricing or resorts provided tho.