Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 36

AlpineZone

Page 36 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Didn't that end up with Vail realizing that Whistler's (I believe it was property booking software) system was better than Vail's and then quickly Vail made the more labor intensive choice to integrate all the existing Vail Resorts into Whistler's superior booking software system verses the much less labor intensive choice to integrate Whistler into Vail's inferior booking software system?

I remember one of the take aways I had from that episode is that while Vail Resorts strives to make their operating practices and systems the best in the business, they're not afraid to admit that if others have a better system than theirs, that they need to change their system to the better one, regardless of who developed it. Kind of a best practices verses proprietary best practices when the situation presents itself

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    I was listening while working but my memory tells me that it was far easier to make Whistler adapt than change every other property as far as the booking system. There could have been other, less crucial practices that they adopted from Whistler.

If I purchased my Okemo, Mount Sunapee or Crested Butte season pass before 6/4/2018 and I now want to upgrade to an Epic Pass, can I get the same Epic Pass price and benefits from 6/4/2018?
    Following closure of the acquisition, guests exchanging an Okemo, Mount Sunapee, or Crested Butte pass product purchased prior to the acquisition announced on 6/4/2018 will be eligible to purchase another product at the price and benefit offering available for that product on 6/4/2018 for a limited time.

Above was extracted from the okemo/sunapee faqs last year
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I was listening while working but my memory tells me that it was far easier to make Whistler adapt than change every other property as far as the booking system. There could have been other, less crucial practices that they adopted from Whistler.
    Got to feel bad for Inntopia, they only got to hold onto that contract for maybe a year. Looks like Vail is now using Spotlio for booking on their sites.

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
    I'm the other way, I paid $649(?) back in April for the Peak pass, I'm a veteran and Epic offers the same pass for $529(?), wonder if I'll get a refund?
    NEVER SUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    I'm the other way, I paid $649(?) back in April for the Peak pass, I'm a veteran and Epic offers the same pass for $529(?), wonder if I'll get a refund?
    That they have been very clear about, where if you choose to switch from a Peak product to an Epic product and the Epic product is less, you will get a refund once the deal closes and you change passes.

On a similar note, of if purchased already both a Peak pass product and an Epic pass product, they will be eligible to get a full refund of their Peak pass product once the deal closes
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    More epic passes = more epic traffic out west, it's Vail's main product. The population of Colorado/Utah is 8 million, the northeast is 64 million. Get used to it.
    Along with the brutal grooming policies that east-coast experts demand from their resorts! Vail is going to need a uniform product that appeals to its (now) largest demographic, after all.

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
    Great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    that they have been very clear about, where if you choose to switch from a peak product to an epic product and the epic product is less, you will get a refund once the deal closes and you change passes.

On a similar note, of if purchased already both a peak pass product and an epic pass product, they will be eligible to get a full refund of their peak pass product once the deal closes
    NEVER SUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The snobs of PC can rest easy. (if he hasn't been since last season)

First, majority of them will be flocking to Colorado. (flights are cheaper, more mountains to choose from. And let's face it, who doesn't want to tick off Vail from their bucket list?) Not to mention there's no holiday restriction in the Colorado mountains.

Second, Park City is no Snowbird. It's not much more "difficult" than Stratton!

By the way, Stratton skiers aren't going to Park City anyway. Straotton is part of IKON, not part of EPIC. If he had to worry, it's the Okemo locals who frail around scrapping the snow on anything steeper than Okemo "black".

And guess what? Okemo had been part of Epic since last season!

(My PC local friends joined me at Brighton/Solitude when I was there in February. I did not hear a single complain about unskilled eastern skiers invading PC. I was the one apologizing for the crowds at Solitude, thanks to IKON)

Snobs are snobs no matter where they live.
    Apparently you have no clue. Ever hear of 9990 at PC - let's do a lap and tell me that it's Stratton west. Empire Canyon at Deer Valley - yea - learn your areas.? Duh much? Right, PC isn't Snowbird, but apparently you don't know where to go. BTW, Fail is no Snowbird, by a long shot. Where do you go - Breckenflat?

Everyone goes to CO - right, to drive for 3 hours on I-70, and you talk about FAIL - Colorado's version of Stratton. Like really, talk about Fail. A Basin OK, but VAIL!!! And in case you didn't know there's 10 mountains within an hour of SLC, but right, all will flock to CO - makes sense.

Great, Brighton (the boarders hill) and Sillytude. So much fail in that sentence. You have Snowbasin, Snowbird, Alta, and so on, and went to Brighton / Solitude. OMG.
    12-13 Season
    Dec 10-? Whistles
    Jan 7-12 - SLC
    Feb 4-9 - SLC
    Mar 3-12 - Verbier
    April - Whistler
    Counting ski days at <1k berms:
    Life's too short to SKI THE EAST

Well that escalated quickly.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Some people who can’t even read.

But that doesn’t stop the from writing...garbage.

Thread Information