• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

catskillman

everyone in town is reading the book

Powder Burn by Daniel Glick

Arson, money and mystery on Vail Mountain.

Had to order it, based on what I am hearing. Hope it comes today. Crazy.....

drjeff

Did my family's Peak to Epic Local upgrade yesterday. Easy experience. Spent more time waiting on hold than the actual process took for the 4 of our passes to be changed.

Should be arriving in the mail in about a week apparently, as not until next year will any of the acquired Peak resorts apparently be able to print Epic pass products onsite

thebigo

It was easy to upgrade, just waited about 55 mins on hold....Skiing at Park City for a week for 40 bucks, I'll take it!

Looks like you could also check out snowbasin for a day or two assuming you will have a car.

BenedictGomez

Snowbasin is definitely worth a day, and the drive from Park City is beautiful (assuming you take the route along the back rather than the front).

kingslug

Almost all the resorts in Utah are an easy drive. My wife has decided she likes Park City so we base out of there now and can drive anywhere else we want. Me..I prefer to stay at Snowbird but she equates it to a prison.

BenedictGomez

Almost all the resorts in Utah are an easy drive. My wife has decided she likes Park City so we base out of there now and can drive anywhere else we want. Me..I prefer to stay at Snowbird but she equates it to a prison.

I wouldn't go that far, but it is quite limiting & institutional looking.

My experience there last year was very off-putting though, I dont know that I've ever had a similar tourism experience in my life where the employees were so universally miserable, and so universally bad-mouthing their employer in a 100% voluntary fashion (i.e. I never asked). And stuff closed willy-nilly rather than at their published time, it was just a bad experience. Honestly, the only way I'd stay there again is if I had confidence in a given storm modeling & wanted to be on-site ahead of it.

dblskifanatic

Did mine yesterday, got the Epic local military and $100 refund! It's good to be a veteran!:flag:

We got the Epic Veteran and the Epic Veteran Dependents - sons season pass was $309 as a 17 year old. It is limited toVail owned resorts which is fine by us.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

For the Peaks people, how long did it take for Peaks to refund the cost of the Peak Pass?

I was told it would be in the neighborhood of 7 to 10 business days. I'll see if that happens by the end of this week, which would be that time frame