• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

jaytrem

My Epic Passes arrived! yay! Pics uploaded on the 11th, per vail passes printed on the 12th, arrived on the 26th. I think I am beating the curve which is ridiculous!

Unfortunately there will be no skiing in southcentral pa this weekend... :(

Well ya got me beat for sure. I just got off the phone with Vail. They did indeed miss putting me in for the refund. Blamed it on the person taking my order being a "new agent". That doesn't really explain why my passes still haven't arrived in over a month. The agent today confirmed everything I uploaded was proper and approved, he also put in an order for those to be shipped again. Not sure what that even means. Said things should be quicker since pretty much everyone else was already refunded.

jimmywilson69

sounds like you are on your way...

I wonder what the numbers are for the upgrades from Peak to Epic will be. When Peaks bought snowtime it was reported that 27% of the snowtime pass holders upgraded to a Peaks Pass. They thought that was a good number I personally thought it was low. I would have to imagine that the number of Peak Passes ugpraded to some sort of Epic Product will be Much Much higher.

jaytrem

Interesting, they just me a new order confirmation email with today's date on it and a $0.00 charge. At least that some movement, I guess.

drjeff

sounds like you are on your way...

I wonder what the numbers are for the upgrades from Peak to Epic will be. When Peaks bought snowtime it was reported that 27% of the snowtime pass holders upgraded to a Peaks Pass. They thought that was a good number I personally thought it was low. I would have to imagine that the number of Peak Passes ugpraded to some sort of Epic Product will be Much Much higher.

I fully realize that this is anecdotal, and the survey size by no means is massive, or necessarily representative of all Peak passholders, however, within my circle of regular Mount Snow friends, seems like 75-80% of us have done the upgrade to EPIC's.

jimmywilson69

Yeah Everyone I know at Roundtop has upgraded. However, on the lift the last few weekends it was probably 40-50% which I thought was odd since it was more of a "hard core" crowd. Lots of People from DC who ski Whitetail and Liberty regularly hadn't upgraded.

thebigo

I fully realize that this is anecdotal, and the survey size by no means is massive, or necessarily representative of all Peak passholders, however, within my circle of regular Mount Snow friends, seems like 75-80% of us have done the upgrade to EPIC's.

Opposite experience at wildcat, not met a single person who traded their peak pass for epic. Only met one person on epic, he bought because military dependent was cheap. There is significant anxiety though about season length.

thebigo

My Epic Passes arrived! yay! Pics uploaded on the 11th, per vail passes printed on the 12th, arrived on the 26th. I think I am beating the curve which is ridiculous!

Unfortunately there will be no skiing in southcentral pa this weekend... :(

How have you skied three days in PA but there will be no skiing this weekend? Did they close?

jimmywilson69

they had 1 48-hour window 11/13-11/15 of snow making. laid down enough snow to open 3 routes with about a foot of snow. Its been in the 50s for 2 weeks. I am happy we got the 3 days we did! Normally opening on Thanksgiving is a very low percentage option.

I could drive to Big Boulder this weekend, but its like 2 hours. I'm spoiled to have Roundtop 4 miles from home :lol:

EPB

I don't know where else to ask this, but does anyone know if they are having issues with snowmaking on upper polecat
at wildcat? Looks like they have the lower 2/3 open via Tomcat from Lynx.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

I don't know where else to ask this, but does anyone know if they are having issues with snowmaking on upper polecat
at wildcat? Looks like they have the lower 2/3 open via Tomcat from Lynx.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Skied it last week and it was in great shape although closed.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

I skied the lower 2/3 of Polecat also, on Nov 26th. It was ungroomed and powder loaded, also the snow had set up a bit. I don’t know what’s up with snowmaking on Upper Polecat but this is reminding me of an issue 2-3 years ago when they had technical issues with snowmaking in the same area. Not sure if I’m making this up in my head.

kingslug

So..you have to show them your epic at hunter so they can scan the barcode...awesome
The 6 pack just broke down..even awesomer.
Guess ill see what happens tomorrow..im out

thebigo

There was an airline failure on the upper mountain around opening day. This is the reason they were blowing bobcat before upper polecat.

mattskis

Do we think Attitash opens next weekend? How’s their normal opening weekend trail line up usually? Thinking of hitting up the whites with my peak pass next weekend, hoping for enough terrian for it to be worth it for my beginner GF

thebigo

Do we think Attitash opens next weekend? How’s their normal opening weekend trail line up usually? Thinking of hitting up the whites with my peak pass next weekend, hoping for enough terrian for it to be worth it for my beginner GF

I can confirm both the triple and yankee were spinning today. Bear and attitash base areas well covered, guns running on saco and morning star all weekend, illusion is well covered, wandering skis and avenger have not seen snowmaking. Wildcat skiied excellent today, good to finally take a right off the lift, natural and woods are filling in. Will try to get some pictures up after dinner and unpacking ski bag. Looking forward to crotched on friday, I expect solstice and a few other clean trees to ski well after 12" of natural.

Edit: picture from today at cat added, did not take many, only had a couple hours and did not want to stop

Attachments

• 20191201_115637.jpg
    20191201_115637.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

abc

Add Peak to Epic probably produces more “technical difficulties”...

That’s what I got when trying to call my them, after gazzilion button pushing, that is!

jimmywilson69

my Epic passes arrived on 11/26. I received an email TODAY from Vail today saying my passes have been shipped! :lol:

jaytrem

Me too. And yesterday my refund check finally showed up from Jack Frost. Only took 6 week and 4 days and 4 phone calls.