Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 72

AlpineZone

Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Can't say that I'm totally surprised that they kept the "new" Little Dipper route an intermediate trail. The top section, which used to be Moonwalk has enough of a pitch where it met into Little Dipper (now Moonwalk) before, and the bottom section, which used to be Moonbeam where it broke off from Little Dipper also had a pitch more than they probably wanted someone who is just progressing off of say Long John on, regardless of how much widening and grading they can do.

Me and the camera will have to take another hike Columbus Day weekend and see what the finished product looks like first hand
    I hiked it on Monday, was surprised how far into the woods they put the pipes. Guess that makes it easy to widen the trail later if they want to. For now it keeps the trail looking more natural, very nice! I remember skiing back there as a kid before they put in the quad and new trails. You really felt like you were in the middle of nowhere.

Vail resorts making a move to acquire the repossessed snowguns at the Hermitage...

https://brattlebororeformer-vt.newsm...u8khDxDAEGMnlg
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Vail resorts making a move to acquire the repossessed snowguns at the Hermitage...

There’s what looks like a link to page 3, which may have snowgun info but I can’t seem to navigate there. I wonder where they want to deploy them. MS makes sense but they seem pretty stacked as it is.

“Stalking horse” is a term I was unfamiliar with.

Any idea if they are fan or air/water?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Not sure.

I know that they had a mix of Techno Alpin fanguns and the orange HKD air/water towers that one now sees at most every resort, all of which were of "new" vintage, and have low use hours on them currently. Who knows if it's 1 kind or the other or both based on how that article written??
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    IIRC, it was the Fan Guns that were repossessed, due to their mobility and ease of removal. I think all the air tower HKD guns are still there.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

From some article about Lakeland Bank - "The approximately 46 snow guns and two tower-mounted TechnoAlpin fans" and "The bank said last July [2018], the equipment had been appraised at $365,000".

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    IIRC, it was the Fan Guns that were repossessed, due to their mobility and ease of removal. I think all the air tower HKD guns are still there.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    The tower guns are actually far easier to remove than fans. Two people can remove them from the bracket without any equipment and lower to a Ranger, etc to move around the hill.

I would think the Impulses would be more "tasty" to them than the TAs. Peaks and Vail (East) are generally SMI and HKD fan customers, but who knows if the price is right anything could happen.

The southcentral PA resorts use a mix of TA and Areco fan guns. Although my local place Ski Roundtop just got a whole trailer full of HKD Impulse towers in the other day, which they've also been adding and replacing ratniks with.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Dem TA fans are the best product out there. Scoop them up. Super easy to move just gots to have power. And water. Does sons of bitches can push upwards of 400gpm depending on model. And all auto. Not that anyone in the east coast knows auto. They would rather spend the money on $11/hr snowmakers who smoke the weeds and point guns into the woods.

Thread Information