Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 96

AlpineZone

Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    lol no crap it’s a Vail move - not sure if you heard but they own these resorts now and there is no more Peak Resorts.

These are all standard moves after acquisitions. People that don’t fit the mold go.
    Well as I've been made to understand Vail usually waits 1 season to make these moves.

but thanks for your incredibly useless negative response.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Well as I've been made to understand Vail usually waits 1 season to make these moves.

Wrong. Park City and Whistler acquisitions happened in same manor. Cuts were made this time of year with some getting insta ax while others getting option to run out winter.

Low hanging fruit is a burden on the expense report.

I guess your understanding was wrong

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

I guess it was
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

I guess it was

It was smart on Vail's part to tell those now that their positions were being eliminated in the Spring.

This was they will be giving 150% in hopes that they get another position and/or they hope they find a position elsewhere and Vail saves severance and unemployment.

I have seen it over and over and over with M&A's

They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter. Normally there aren't this many "last chances" to buy. They could shoot themselves in the foot if they keep doing this (i.e. boy who cried wolf) I could be way off, but I think it's an interesting move.

Quote Originally Posted by mgalluzz View Post
    They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter.
    They'll be reporting earnings through October 31st. It takes much longer than 9 days to report earnings.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mgalluzz View Post
    They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter. Normally there aren't this many "last chances" to buy. They could shoot themselves in the foot if they keep doing this (i.e. boy who cried wolf) I could be way off, but I think it's an interesting move.
    Not a bad idea to capitalize on the Thanksgiving crowd of the masses with this extension.

As far fetched as it may seem to the tuned in crowd here with respect to the pass world, there are a slew of the masses who have no clue about it, and Vail kicking their last date of sale date back to closer to the last day of IKON sales date may very well sell them a tangible amount of additional EPIC passes...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

not epic, but anecdotal re: ikon - i was at a work drinks thing last week and was chatting with someone who started telling me about his off-peak trips with the family planned to killington and tremblant. he had no idea ikon existed.

My Epic Passes arrived! yay! Pics uploaded on the 11th, per vail passes printed on the 12th, arrived on the 26th. I think I am beating the curve which is ridiculous!

Unfortunately there will be no skiing in southcentral pa this weekend...
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Thread Information