Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Really interesting development! This ended up coming up in my Google news feed early this morning that made it a point to say Mt. Snow is the closest VT ski area to CT.

#flatlander
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    None of my hate was irrational. It was all accurate and depicted actual happenings and concerns.

But yes, my hate to peak resorts was based on gross mismanagement of ski areas, operations, safety, funds and general management with heads up their asses and chips on their shoulders. This will now all change. It will take some time. But will change for the better.

Im no Vail fan boy but you cant argue that they do ski areas right. Good changes to come to bad ski areas is a positive thing.

Safety - which you have mentioned numerous times is no more important an issue than at Hunter, and it was ignored this season resulting in 4 deaths. Everyone can't stop talking about what this means from Hunter !!!!

already committed to ikon for next season but will def switch to epic for the following for sure
    gladerider

Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    already committed to ikon for next season but will def switch to epic for the following for sure
    I wonder how many Northeast skiers will do that. At least for the greater Boston based skier, I'd still think that Killington/Pico/Sunday River/Loon/bush/Loaf/Stratton is a more appealing option than Snow/Attitash/Wildcat/Stowe/Okemo/Sunapee/Crotchet.... maybe Sunapee / Crotchet gets the nod for day trips but other than that I think the Ikon collection is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Wildcat was Peaks later season offering
    And that too, keep with Wildcat late. Mt Snow early.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by gregnye View Post
    RIP Wildcat---May 2019.

Will Vail keep it the same anti-grooming/hardcore vibe?

Sad that the skiing industry is now one large company. If I were New Hampshire I'd force them to give up Wildcat. But then again I'm from Mass, and New Hampshire probably loves huge businesses taking over their state, screwing over locals.
    No, but we love you coming up, buying half million dollar houses and spending money to help keep our taxes down. So keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, the people that literally only ski at 1 place ever will pay more, but realistically I have to imagine they are relatively few in number.
    I ski the Crotch for 90% of the days I ski, and got screwed when Peaks came along and will now probably get screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    I ski the Crotch for 90% of the days I ski, and got screwed when Peaks came along and will now probably get screwed again.
    How much was a Crotchet only pass?

Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    I’m sure glad I haven’t bought anything!

But now there’s no more reason to contemplate. Epic Local it is.

Hunter is perfectly day-trip-able for me. Snow an occasional stretch. Okemo an overnighter. Stowe one more season...
    Last edited by abc; Jul 22, 2019 at 9:11 PM.

This deal can also affect the Connecticut Ski Council days. When Vail bought Okemo they did not partner with the ski council and no days were offered last season. I'm afraid this might happen to Mount Snow, as Mount Snow had a ton of days, plus the group discount.

Maybe more Bromley-Magic on the awareness days if this happens.
    Snowflakes matter

Thread Information