• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

Edd

Yes. Lots more. And the snow is worse and less. And location sucks to airport. And the terrain is hit and miss. But it’s closer to Texas

That makes me wonder how the Tahoe area compares to Utah visit-wise.

machski

That makes me wonder how the Tahoe area compares to Utah visit-wise.
Probably equal to or greater than Utah. A lot more people in the Bay and Sacramento areas within driving distance than Utah has I would imagine. Plus the relatively quick flights up from LA/San Diego to Reno/Sacramento.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Just bitter that we are right. And live in town. And you slum it on the east coast.
Ignorance sees no bounds.

Slumming in the east coast give me quick overnight flights to skiing the Alps. Living in town give me quick and cheap access to JFK to ski in Japan at the drop of a hat!

Broadway during the week, weekend day trip to Plattekill where there’s no lift line. That is, in between the trip to Japan and the trip to Big Sky. The abundant jobs easily finance those trips.

I wonder who’s being bitter and feel the need to put down on others in order to quench your own doubt. :roll:

abc

I would not say that, I have run into many from the North East when in Tahoe, including this June skiing at Squaw.
I said “mostly”. Of course not entirely.

Still, “California locals” far outnumbers visitors from other regions. More so than say Summit county Colorado, or Salt Lake City.

FBGM

Ignorance sees no bounds.

Slumming in the east coast give me quick overnight flights to skiing the Alps. Living in town give me quick and cheap access to JFK to ski in Japan at the drop of a hat!

Broadway during the week, weekend day trip to Plattekill where there’s no lift line. That is, in between the trip to Japan and the trip to Big Sky. The abundant jobs easily finance those trips.

I wonder who’s being bitter and feel the need to put down on others in order to quench your own doubt. :roll:

lol keep telling yourself that bro.

NY Giants are gonna be super bowl contenders this year as well.

Domeskier

lol keep telling yourself that bro.

NY Giants are gonna be super bowl contenders this year as well.

One of the perks of living in Manhattan is not being surrounded by the type of people for whom the performance of the local professional sports franchises matter.

BenedictGomez

One of the perks of living in Manhattan is not being surrounded by the type of people for whom the performance of the local professional sports franchises matter.

You still run the risk of potentially touching a member of the B&T crowd if you take the subway.

Domeskier

You still run the risk of potentially touching a member of the B&T crowd if you take the subway.

True. But it can be amusing even now and then to see adults decked out in the caps and jerseys of their favorite sports heroes.

catskillman

Any idea what Vail will do with lifetime passholders????? Peak let those with them at Hunter keep them, but I doubt that will be the case with Vail.......

skiur

Any idea what Vail will do with lifetime passholders????? Peak let those with them at Hunter keep them, but I doubt that will be the case with Vail.......

I expect it to be similar to when powdr took over Killington, your going to have a bunch of pissed off lifetime passholders.

abc

Was the pass good for the lifetime of the passholder? Or for the lifetime of the company that owns the mountain? ;)

ThinkSnow

AIG Stowe had lifetime passes which were supposed to be good for the lifetime of the passholder-- which I was told became invalid after the Vail acquisition.