Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    I wish Hunter had a "season passholder" forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Anyways...back to Mt. Snow. Looks like the season passholders forum is gone; the domain is up for grabs. I suppose they could be moving it to a new location? That was a great way for folks to interact with management. Hope they keep it around.
    NEVER SUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Seems weird that they would axe it even before the sale has gone through... Kind of weird but after the way they handled the spring season pass announcement's down here in PA, nothing would surprise me with those folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Anyways...back to Mt. Snow. Looks like the season passholders forum is gone; the domain is up for grabs. I suppose they could be moving it to a new location? That was a great way for folks to interact with management. Hope they keep it around.
    That says to me the management had wanted it axed all along, and use this as an excuse to have it permanently removed.

Over/Under on first round of employee cuts? And who goes first?

I guess we have to wait for this all to close. So that means the winter will probably hold steady.

So spring time will be first round of marketing, payroll, purchasing. Then hopefully soon after some mountain operations people. Starting with that moron who botched that over budget lake project and hunter expansion that was drawn on a cocktail napkin.

If we're lucky maybe they'll axe you from this forum
    2018-2019

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    That says to me the management had wanted it axed all along, and use this as an excuse to have it permanently removed.

That was fairly public knowledge the last few seasons, as typically from what I understood, the bulk of people who actively participated in the passholders forum, were actively participating in Mount Snow public social media feeds as well. The overlap of questions asked in the passholders forum verses the public forums was often very high, and often the only difference was that with any news they wanted to get out there, they'd post it in the passholders forum a few minutes or so before the public forums.

The reality is that short of seeing the specific names from the mountain who was answering the questions verses just a generic "mount snow" as the author in the public forums, there really wasn't any difference in the information communicated to the public. A few more specific technical questions might of been addressed in the passholders forums (such as snowmaking water pressures, why specific bathroom heaters were having issues, etc) but it's not like there was any "double super secret" type information being said in there by any means
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Vail wants Stowe skiers go to Vail.
    Vail wants skiers to go from feeder hills close to urban centers to expensive hills where they will spend several days and lots of money on lodging and food. I doubt they care if a New Yorker goes to Stowe or Vail for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Vail wants skiers to go from feeder hills close to urban centers to expensive hills where they will spend several days and lots of money on lodging and food. I doubt they care if a New Yorker goes to Stowe or Vail for a week.
    Agreed for the most part. Capturing more of the skier's spend is the name of the game. They'd probably get more out of a trip to Vail or Beaver Creek, but Stowe is plenty good - that's more of a side point, though.

The feeder/resort dynamic is the key. Feeders widen the net and resort spend is the upsell - it doesn't necessarily break down on east/west lines.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Except Vail does not own any of the Spruce Village Lodging. They only own the Mountain.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Except Vail does not own any of the Spruce Village Lodging. They only own the Mountain.
    They don't own a majority of the lodging at the base of their resorts...

According to their 2018 annual report, just $25 million out of $618 million of reported EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) came from lodging. RockResorts is their lodging arm of you're interested. Vail is a ski area operator first, not a real estate forward company like the Intrawest model.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

+1. If Vail just wanted people from NY and Boston to fly to Colorado for a week, there would be much cheaper ways to make that happen than buying Stowe and a bunch of other eastern ski areas.

Thread Information