• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

jaytrem

Okemo, Stowe, and Sunapee have capability to print out your hard pass, otherwise you have to get a day ticket until your pass comes in the mail.

I upgraded on Nov. 16, day before the upgrade deadline, have received my refund and picked up my pass in person.

Hmmm, guess I should have stopped by Okemo on my way down from Killington. Figured they would be here by now though. At least my Peak pass is still working, so I haven't had to deal with the day tix yet.

drjeff

Hmmm, guess I should have stopped by Okemo on my way down from Killington. Figured they would be here by now though. At least my Peak pass is still working, so I haven't had to deal with the day tix yet.

From what I have had guest services explain to me, as of right now, none of the former Peak properties can print an Epic pass, even though they (the former Peak resorts) now have access to the Epic pass data base to see if you indeed have bought an Epic pass.

The ability to print an Epic pass onsite at a former Peak resort will be in place for the '20-21 season (potentially even at a few former Peak Resorts later this season). The Epic RFID scanning system will also be installed this coming Summer at the former Peak resorts.

If you want to pick up an Epic pass in person on the East Coast now, it's Stowe or Okemo and then later this week when they open for the season, Sunapee as well.

Myself and my son (the only 2 in my family who have used our Epic Locals at Mount Snow this season so far, had no difficulties with the scanners reading our Epic's as valid. Apparently some Epic's have had problems being read as valid at Mount Snow atleast this season, so Guest Services set up a small kiosk and the ambassadors out by the ticket window have been asking folks with Epic passes to get a "test scan" out by where the Bullwheel "sculpture" near Mount Snow Sports is, to make sure that when they get their 1st scan after they've been paired up in the queue lane, that it will work without problems.

I am guessing (HOPING) that all of these logistical issues going on with Peak to Epic passes and receiving them in a timely fashion will be a distant memory when the 2nd season of Vail Resorts owning the Peak Resort properties commences in late 2020

ski&soccermom

Well tomorrow will be a month since I upgraded. Still no passes and still no refund. No too impressed with Vail so far. Guess I need to give Jack Frost a call and see what's up. They did manage to spell 2 out of 3 last names incorrectly on our Peak Passes, maybe that's they're excuse.

We had issues getting refund also. Call your home Peak resort - that is where the refund is initiated from. Also, when you log in to Epic Pass, are all of your pictures approved? They approved my son's on the first attempt, but not the rest of us, so his pass came in the mail a full week ahead of the others (there was less than a day in between his approval and ours).

jimmywilson69

I was told they mail them in batches of 5000. My buddies was printed on 10/26 and mine were printed on 11/12 and neither have been received.

If I don't have them by 12/1 I am making them print me new ones and over night them to me. This is ridiculous

Edit: My buddy whose were printed on 10/26 received his in the mail today. They were mailed on 11/22. I'm hopeful mine will be in the mail when I get home, but expecting that they won't be.

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

Also I heard over the weekend that Roundtop's GM who has done a great job was let go as of 12/1. Weird thing is that they are moving the 2 remaining Snow Time GMs to different resorts and Liberty will have an open position. I also heard that Roudntop's GM wasn't like by his staff and was low man on totem pole.

Still weird to let a GM go and shake up operations right before ski season starts... It was confirmed that This was a Vail Resorts Move and not Peaks.

FBGM

Also I heard over the weekend that Roundtop's GM who has done a great job was let go as of 12/1. Weird thing is that they are moving the 2 remaining Snow Time GMs to different resorts and Liberty will have an open position. I also heard that Roudntop's GM wasn't like by his staff and was low man on totem pole.

Still weird to let a GM go and shake up operations right before ski season starts... It was confirmed that This was a Vail Resorts Move and not Peaks.

lol no crap it’s a Vail move - not sure if you heard but they own these resorts now and there is no more Peak Resorts.

These are all standard moves after acquisitions. People that don’t fit the mold go.

jaytrem

We had issues getting refund also. Call your home Peak resort - that is where the refund is initiated from. Also, when you log in to Epic Pass, are all of your pictures approved? They approved my son's on the first attempt, but not the rest of us, so his pass came in the mail a full week ahead of the others (there was less than a day in between his approval and ours).

Thanks, I'll give them a call today. Yup, pics were approved almost a month ago.

jaytrem

Update: I'm not in the spreadsheet that Vail sent over to Jack Frost. Jack Frost guy is going to call them, but was already on hold for quite a while trying to get through to them today. Sloppy sloppy Vail!

jimmywilson69

Well as I've been made to understand Vail usually waits 1 season to make these moves.

but thanks for your incredibly useless negative response.

jimmywilson69

lol no crap it’s a Vail move - not sure if you heard but they own these resorts now and there is no more Peak Resorts.

These are all standard moves after acquisitions. People that don’t fit the mold go.

Well as I've been made to understand Vail usually waits 1 season to make these moves.

FBGM

Wrong. Park City and Whistler acquisitions happened in same manor. Cuts were made this time of year with some getting insta ax while others getting option to run out winter.

Low hanging fruit is a burden on the expense report.

catskillman

I guess it was :lol:

It was smart on Vail's part to tell those now that their positions were being eliminated in the Spring.

This was they will be giving 150% in hopes that they get another position and/or they hope they find a position elsewhere and Vail saves severance and unemployment.

I have seen it over and over and over with M&A's

mgalluzz

They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter. Normally there aren't this many "last chances" to buy. They could shoot themselves in the foot if they keep doing this (i.e. boy who cried wolf) I could be way off, but I think it's an interesting move.

BenedictGomez

They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter.

They'll be reporting earnings through October 31st. It takes much longer than 9 days to report earnings.

drjeff

They just announced the epic pass is still on sale another week. There's an earnings call on December 9th. I wonder if they haven't sold enough passes yet to satisfy their earnings projections for the quarter. Normally there aren't this many "last chances" to buy. They could shoot themselves in the foot if they keep doing this (i.e. boy who cried wolf) I could be way off, but I think it's an interesting move.
Not a bad idea to capitalize on the Thanksgiving crowd of the masses with this extension.

As far fetched as it may seem to the tuned in crowd here with respect to the pass world, there are a slew of the masses who have no clue about it, and Vail kicking their last date of sale date back to closer to the last day of IKON sales date may very well sell them a tangible amount of additional EPIC passes...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

not epic, but anecdotal re: ikon - i was at a work drinks thing last week and was chatting with someone who started telling me about his off-peak trips with the family planned to killington and tremblant. he had no idea ikon existed.

jimmywilson69

My Epic Passes arrived! yay! Pics uploaded on the 11th, per vail passes printed on the 12th, arrived on the 26th. I think I am beating the curve which is ridiculous!

Unfortunately there will be no skiing in southcentral pa this weekend... :(