Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 111

AlpineZone

Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1125
  1. #1101

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,579
    Surprisingly, at Wildcat I was able to find chairs to sit and table to eat my lunch at, even though the line for food was 10 deep (which I find too long). And a family who just arrived (at 11:30) was equally surprised she was able to find parking as some early bird had started leaving!

    I bet it has absolutely everything to do with being on EPIC now!

  2. #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Surprisingly, at Wildcat I was able to find chairs to sit and table to eat my lunch at, even though the line for food was 10 deep (which I find “too long”). And a family who just arrived (at 11:30) was equally surprised she was able to find parking as some early bird had started leaving!

    I bet it has absolutely everything to do with being on EPIC now!
    Posters on this site tend to be annoyingly optimistic. But your take on the conditions at Wildcat yesterday is really over the top. The lodge was a nightmare through and through.

  3. #1103
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    Posters on this site tend to be annoyingly optimistic. But your take on the conditions at Wildcat yesterday is really over the top. The lodge was a nightmare through and through.
    Im a bit of a Wildcat homer, but a weekday skier. You saying this gives me a bit of relief about its future. Id never tolerate those crowds but I need that place to stay open.


  4. #1104
    Apparently, the summit triple at Attitash broke down today and they had to rope people off of it. That will help it stay top of mind for Vail.

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

  5. #1105
    I saw that. They were oh so generous to give those who got screwed a free hot chocolate.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #1106
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I saw that. They were oh so generous to give those who got screwed a free hot chocolate.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    How times have changed! A number of years ago, my wife and I got stuck on the Bluebird at Mount Snow for an extended period of time(maybe 20+ minutes? I can't recall exactly). At the top of the lift, we were handed a voucher good for a free day of skiing/riding or a free all day rental. I ended up using mine to rent a snowboard that year. I hadn't ridden a board for years!
    SoVT

  7. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Apparently, the summit triple at Attitash broke down today and they had to rope people off of it. That will help it stay top of mind for Vail.

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    It stopped for about 20 mins earlier the day. They were sending up every fourth chair empty around noon, it stopped multiple times the one time we rode it. My 7 year old actually said she didnt want to ride it again because she didnt want to get stuck. Other than the triple, attitash skied great today. Bear quad was about a 5 - 10 wait all day, girl managing the line was a superstar, scanned everyone and sent every chair up full.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  8. #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    My 7 year old actually said she didnt want to ride it again because she didnt want to get stuck.
    Smart kid.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  9. #1109

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Seattle via NJ
    Posts
    53
    Apparently A lift at Jack Frost and both Edelweiss and Little Boulder lifts at Big Boulder are down for the season as well. Sounds like Vail has quite a shopping list for the ex-Peak resorts, and growing...
    Joe

    2018/19 - 36 days
    2019/20 - 8 days
    Hunter - 11/18
    Mission Ridge - 11/30
    Crystal - 12/14, 1/26, 2/2
    Winter Park - 1/5
    Copper - 1/6
    Snoqualmie - 1/22

  10. #1110
    I got stuck on the Sundance triple at Mount Snow earlier in the season shortly after getting on. 40 minutes before they got it moving again. Mount Snow gave me a full lift ticket voucher for my troubles, which I was not expecting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:33 PM.