• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

FBGM

Based on the product they typically have ready for opening day, and looking objectively at their webcams now (or atleast before the flurries started flying on their summit cam this morning) and the likely temps they're going to have around, the "GOOD" snowmaking window arrives sometime this evening. Realistically they're going to need about a 48hr run to get enough product down to connect the piles with enough base. Saturday becomes a bit of a stretch. Sunday would seem more reasonable if they're going to open this weekend.

If next weeks temps play out as predicted, and they hold off opening until next weekend, you could be looking at multiple routes down multiple faces for an opening. I guess we'll be seeing in the next day or so how much Vail Resorts does or doesn't want to "play" into the early opening game in the Northeast.....

Pre-Vail they would be open with a garbage product this Saturday. Vail wants a non shit show. The change is here. It’s for the better

sull1102

Vail’s “pre-owned” guns from the Hermitage have been removed by the Mount Snow team this past week. Unsure if they’ll be used at Snow or moved elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaytrem

That is great that they are getting faster - ours took almost 4 weeks and 2 phone calls!

Who did you call? Vail or Peaks? I'm at 19 days right now, no refund yet. They probably have no idea what to do with mine since it was partially paid with a gift card. They're probably hoping I forget the owe my $1400.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Who did you call? Vail or Peaks? I'm at 19 days right now, no refund yet. They probably have no idea what to do with mine since it was partially paid with a gift card. They're probably hoping I forget the owe my $1400.

You need to call your home mountain. If its Hunter, call them! I threatened to put mine in dispute and magically the credit appeared the same day. It is a clusterfuck the way it's being done.

drjeff

If you call Vail, they'll tell you to call Mount Snow (if that's where you bought your Epic passes). They're still on limited hours right now, so you need to do so mid day, midweek it seems at the moment.

This will be so much easier next year when it's all about 1 pass from the purchase day forward.

Hopefully your wait time will be less than it takes for a batch of your delicious cookies to cook in the oven! :)

jaytrem

If you call Vail, they'll tell you to call Mount Snow (if that's where you bought your Epic passes). They're still on limited hours right now, so you need to do so mid day, midweek it seems at the moment.

This will be so much easier next year when it's all about 1 pass from the purchase day forward.

Hopefully your wait time will be less than it takes for a batch of your delicious cookies to cook in the oven! :)

Thanks guys.

Got mine at Jack Frost, Mount Snow charges sales tax, so haven't purchased from there in quite a while.

Would really like to get the new passes in the mail more than I want my refund right away. I have no desire to deal with the craziness on Saturday when X number of Epic people show up wanting tickets. Who knows, maybe my Peaks passes will still work since no refund yet.

My buddy Joel is the cookie guy, not me, I just eat them. Here's a plug for him though...

https://outrageouscookiedough.com/

ski&soccermom

As the others said, call your home Peaks resort... I received my son's Vail pass in the mail last week, but so far nothing for my husband, daughter and I. The whole process definitely leaves a lot to be desired!

drewfidelic

I called Vail to exchange my pass about 2 weeks ago, Peaks refunded me about a week later. The Vail rep mentioned that their process was adding a line into a spreadsheet and then someone at Peak would be responsible for issuing the refunds. Post-merger integrations are difficult.