• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

abc

Surprisingly, at Wildcat I was able to find chairs to sit and table to eat my lunch at, even though the line for food was 10 deep (which I find “too long”). And a family who just arrived (at 11:30) was equally surprised she was able to find parking as some early bird had started leaving!:roll:

I bet it has absolutely everything to do with being on EPIC now!
:wink:

Los

Surprisingly, at Wildcat I was able to find chairs to sit and table to eat my lunch at, even though the line for food was 10 deep (which I find “too long”). And a family who just arrived (at 11:30) was equally surprised she was able to find parking as some early bird had started leaving!:roll:

I bet it has absolutely everything to do with being on EPIC now!
:wink:

Posters on this site tend to be annoyingly optimistic. But your take on the conditions at Wildcat yesterday is really over the top. The lodge was a nightmare through and through.

Edd

Posters on this site tend to be annoyingly optimistic. But your take on the conditions at Wildcat yesterday is really over the top. The lodge was a nightmare through and through.

I’m a bit of a Wildcat homer, but a weekday skier. You saying this gives me a bit of relief about its future. I’d never tolerate those crowds but I need that place to stay open.

EPB

Apparently, the summit triple at Attitash broke down today and they had to rope people off of it. That will help it stay top of mind for Vail.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

I saw that. They were oh so generous to give those who got screwed a free hot chocolate.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

How times have changed! A number of years ago, my wife and I got stuck on the Bluebird at Mount Snow for an extended period of time(maybe 20+ minutes? I can't recall exactly). At the top of the lift, we were handed a voucher good for a free day of skiing/riding or a free all day rental. I ended up using mine to rent a snowboard that year. I hadn't ridden a board for years!

thebigo

Apparently, the summit triple at Attitash broke down today and they had to rope people off of it. That will help it stay top of mind for Vail.

It stopped for about 20 mins earlier the day. They were sending up every fourth chair empty around noon, it stopped multiple times the one time we rode it. My 7 year old actually said she didnt want to ride it again because she didnt want to get stuck. Other than the triple, attitash skied great today. Bear quad was about a 5 - 10 wait all day, girl managing the line was a superstar, scanned everyone and sent every chair up full.

jg17

Apparently A lift at Jack Frost and both Edelweiss and Little Boulder lifts at Big Boulder are down for the season as well. Sounds like Vail has quite a shopping list for the ex-Peak resorts, and growing...

njdiver85

I got stuck on the Sundance triple at Mount Snow earlier in the season shortly after getting on. 40 minutes before they got it moving again. Mount Snow gave me a full lift ticket voucher for my troubles, which I was not expecting.

MEtoVTSkier

You'd hate to wish anyone any trouble or a bad day of skiing, but the more that POS breaks down, the quicker it'll be replaced. They wasted way too much money on it last winter and last summer to still have it failing.

EPB

You'd hate to wish anyone any trouble or a bad day of skiing, but the more that POS breaks down, the quicker it'll be replaced. They wasted way too much money on it last winter and last summer to still have it failing.
For sure. At least that was pre-Vail money thrown down the toilet. I wonder if they preferred a patchwork fix last summerso they could figure out what to do with it in the long run once they took the keys from Peak.

Gforce

I will wear my "Trash the Triple" shirt today.

these were the long sleeve t-shirts a frustrated long time pass holder printed up last season and handed them out to us at Ptarmigans lodge pub. haha.

who here has one ?

Edd

Not on Facebook myself. Asked a friend to check and I asked Attitash on Twitter if the lift was down yesterday. Can’t verify that people were roped down. Honestly curious because, when that happens, a lift is pretty much never open the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

EPB

Not on Facebook myself. Asked a friend to check and I asked Attitash on Twitter if the lift was down yesterday. Can’t verify that people were roped down. Honestly curious because, when that happens, a lift is pretty much never open the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Here's what I saw.Screenshot_20200209-120126.jpg