Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 94

AlpineZone

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Booze prices raised at Hunter, about 5%, except Bud Light
    Last edited by 180; Nov 24, 2019 at 6:49 AM.

That's too bad about the layoffs. Especially if they're fulltime/year round positions.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Nobody with the last name of Boyd is what I have heard. Sorry to disappoint you.

If you read the Ski Area Management report on this, sounds like only 2 people, both GM's at an Ohio and one of the last year acquired Snow-time middle Atlantic resorts got the immediate axe. The rest will be kept on until April or in some cases October and potentially offered different jobs in Vail Resorts, which I somewhat read as a "challenge" for those affected to show what they have and why they should be kept on with Vail Resorts challenge this winter.

84 out of roughly 10,000 employees (full and part time/seasonal) isn't exactly a massive culling of the heard. Although I will say that this probably won't be the last layoffs that Vail Resorts makes of Peak employees as they go through a season or 2 and see what talent they have and how much consolidation they may or may not to make...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-20...820-story.html

Rumor is that Josh Faber is Boyd's cousin...soooo read between the lines and think what you will about that immediate ax.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    This will be terrible for the kids in the Hunter school district. The kids have free lessons and rentals and lift tickets at Hunter as part of their PE requirements. Especially hard hit will be the middle and high schoolers - the town is fighting a big drug issue and this will only hurt as it will give the kids less to do.
    There are a lot of rich people from NYC area, second home owners, lot of air bnb investors making a bundle, that I'm sure wouldn't hesitate to contribute to a gofundme for the local kids.

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Booze prices raised at Hunter, about 5%, except Bud Light
    I imagine you'll be enjoying $17 Vail cheeseburgers relatively soon as well.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by cc1 View Post
    https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-20...820-story.html

Rumor is that Josh Faber is Boyd's cousin...soooo read between the lines and think what you will about that immediate ax.
    Lol another part of the Jesse Boyd drug ring.

I love a place that supports a dirtbag drug dealer. Those pills will end up in your kids schools. Think about that when you give these dirt bags sympathy about loosing jobs. How about loosing lives because of their actions?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Short of an occasional logo item or the need for some chapstick or suncreen since I forgot it at the condo, I've always been way more of a fan of buying my gear at the local, independent ski shops in the Valley rather than at Mount Snow's retail shops.

Won't change my shopping habits at all
    Same here (except replace mt snow with sugarbush in my case). Not only are prices usually better anyway in the off mountain shops, but several of them know me and give me extra discounts anyway!
    Wasnt even thinking of merch, was hoping for food & beverage discount similar to Stowe & Okemo. Maybe next year...

Last edited by urungus; Nov 24, 2019 at 9:15 PM.

Well tomorrow will be a month since I upgraded. Still no passes and still no refund. No too impressed with Vail so far. Guess I need to give Jack Frost a call and see what's up. They did manage to spell 2 out of 3 last names incorrectly on our Peak Passes, maybe that's they're excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Well tomorrow will be a month since I upgraded. Still no passes and still no refund. No too impressed with Vail so far. Guess I need to give Jack Frost a call and see what's up. They did manage to spell 2 out of 3 last names incorrectly on our Peak Passes, maybe that's they're excuse.
    Might be faster if you go to one of the ski areas!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    Might be faster if you go to one of the ski areas!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Okemo, Stowe, and Sunapee have capability to print out your hard pass, otherwise you have to get a day ticket until your pass comes in the mail.

I upgraded on Nov. 16, day before the upgrade deadline, have received my refund and picked up my pass in person.

Thread Information