Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 19

AlpineZone

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    If they approve the horse transfer count me in for an Epic pass next season.

So far for the Vail executive board room, us at Alpinezone Ski Development Planning have proposed the various alternatives of...a tunnel, a magic carpet, a t-bar, a tunnel UNDER a pond, a dozen snowcats, and horses towing skiers...

This forum cracks me up
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    If they approve the horse transfer count me in for an Epic pass next season.
    No I want horses to pull me through a tunnel with a glass roof so I can see the bottom of Sterling Pond.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Count me in as another who lost the plot on the obsession regarding the Stowe-smugg link.

The last thing Vail need is a large interconnected northeast destination mountain. Stowe is no Park City!

Vail wants Stowe skiers go to Vail. Not the (non-local) skiers going to Stowe. To Vail, Stowe/Okemo/Hunter are all just feeder hills.

Moreover, Vail owns Vail village, in the middle of nowhere with no competition. Stowe on the other hand, has local businesses not owned by Vail. Vail makes tons more profit in Vail than they ever will in Stowe.
    Last edited by abc; Jul 25, 2019 at 5:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    So far for the Vail executive board room, us at Alpinezone Ski Development Planning have proposed the various alternatives of...a tunnel, a magic carpet, a t-bar, a tunnel UNDER a pond, a dozen snowcats, and horses towing skiers...

This forum cracks me up
    All to connect to a ski area they do not own, or want to own.

Anyways...back to Mt. Snow. Looks like the season passholders forum is gone; the domain is up for grabs. I suppose they could be moving it to a new location? That was a great way for folks to interact with management. Hope they keep it around.
    SoVT

Seems weird that they would axe it even before the sale has gone through... Kind of weird but after the way they handled the spring season pass announcement's down here in PA, nothing would surprise me with those folks.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 3
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO

Total Ski Visits 3

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Anyways...back to Mt. Snow. Looks like the season passholders forum is gone; the domain is up for grabs. I suppose they could be moving it to a new location? That was a great way for folks to interact with management. Hope they keep it around.
    Interesting strategy to introduce yourself to your new customers. A bunch of people that really care about Mt Snow and you remove this method of interaction. I wonder if they announced this in any way.

Resistance is futile. We will all be part of the collective soon enough.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Seems weird that they would axe it even before the sale has gone through... Kind of weird but after the way they handled the spring season pass announcement's down here in PA, nothing would surprise me with those folks.
    They sent an e-mail out about this to members of the forum on Tuesday (or maybe it was just to members like myself, who responded to the page that popped up saying that my account had been blocked and to contact the admins if I felt this was wrongly done - I did contact the admins through the link that popped up).

The official explanation they gave was 2 fold. First, they expected a large number of questions from members about the details of the merger, and 2nd, for full transparency, they wanted to only address and answer the questions via their public social media feeds to make sure that everyone can see the questions and answers.

Going forward, I will be interesting to see if the communications crew from Mount Snow are as active on AZ as they have been in the past, or if Vail policy changes that? Time will tell I guess
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7 (Mount Snow)

Thread Information