Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 51

AlpineZone

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Neither...they're at Windham!
    Try again!

The Windham crowd are only the middle class...

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Silver lining... Do you think the NYC yuppies will balk at that price?
    Nah, but the people who have to take ski buses to Hunter probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Nah, but the people who have to take ski buses to Hunter probably would.
    Not sure about that.

Seriously, I know some of the people who could afford a "more upscale" transport actually use the bus. Not owning a car and/or not wanting to drive after a hard day of skiing are two of the reasons many use the bus (apart from being good value).

In fact, when I used to live in the city, I've had a couple of the "bus people" questioning why I would take the trouble of driving when I could ride/drink/nap, not to mention for for equal or LESS expense.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Not sure about that.

Seriously, I know some of the people who could afford a "more upscale" transport actually use the bus. Not owning a car and/or not wanting to drive after a hard day of skiing are two of the reasons many use the bus (apart from being good value).
    Maybe Vail can implement luxury bus service from Manhattan to Hunter. I would not pay a premium for the current bus experience. Kind of interested to see what happens. I think the current bus operators will lobby hard to keep the discounts in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Maybe Vail can implement luxury bus service from Manhattan to Hunter. I would not pay a premium for the current bus experience. Kind of interested to see what happens. I think the current bus operators will lobby hard to keep the discounts in place.
    Well, Vail does own the Epic Shuttles in Colorado.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

epic.PNG

Looks like the spread will be getting larger unless the deal goes thru soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    epic.PNG

Looks like the spread will be getting larger unless the deal goes thru soon.
    It has been eluded to, that whenever the deal is finalized, regardless of if it is , or isn't, a date when Epic pass products are available, that they (Vail Resorts) will be extended an offer (likely with a time limit) to anyone who has bought a Peak Pass product prior to the closing of the deal, to make the switch to an Epic product, with a full credit of the Peak Pass product price going to the Epic Pass product of choice.

Whether or not there will be a flat fee for the Epic product, regardless of when you bought your Peak product (for example if you bought your Peak product, before the earliest pricing cut off point back in April to get the best cost for the Peak product, will you be offered the Epic product if you want at it's earliest pricing level), or will it be at a set pricing level, regardless of when you bought your Peak product. That is still one of the significant questions to be determined once the press release announcing the that the deal has officially closed, comes out.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    A big part of Vail's business strategy is that there are no deals.

BOGOs disappear, ski club days will either go away or slowly diminish (boiling frog style), no more fun discount days, etc...

Kill off everything that even remotely lets people save money on tickets & simultaneously RAISE the price of tickets to pricepoints that are disconnected from financial reality, all in a bid to "force" people onto passes.
    If indeed the market is primarely driven by BOGOs, ski club days and low priced lift tickets, then this is going to be one hell of a windfall for small and large independent resorts that still offer those deals. Unfortunately, I feel that the majority of people are really happy with a season pass to their primary ski resort and access to multiple other resorts that Vail owns or has a partnership with. As far as rising daily lift ticket rates, that doesn't appear to be a Vail only issues.

I think an 8 hour ticket at my local hill in PA last year was more than $65...
    2018-2019

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    If indeed the market is primarely driven by BOGOs, ski club days and low priced lift tickets, then this is going to be one hell of a windfall for small and large independent resorts that still offer those deals. Unfortunately, I feel that the majority of people are really happy with a season pass to their primary ski resort and access to multiple other resorts that Vail owns or has a partnership with. As far as rising daily lift ticket rates, that doesn't appear to be a Vail only issues.
    The reality is, that if the cost for the Epic local stays roughly the same for next season as it is for this coming season, and they keep the resorts that have no blacked out days as is, and those that do some some black out days and/or total day restrictions as is, the majority of folks, will be getting a significant number of resorts to choose from, with a break even point in 7 to 10 days depending on where one is using their Epic passes.

One can debate the pluses and minuses of the resorts that are part of Vail Resorts for sure, however for a significant chunk of the masses who make up most of the crowds on a hill day in and day out, the value that having a pass, with the number of options as the Epic pass (or IKON as well) at the price points they're offered at, certainly has a great deal of appeal to plenty of customers
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information