• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

njdiver85

Looks like Mount Snow is getting the Hermitage snow guns that were auctioned yesterday!

jimmywilson69

just purchased my Epic Local Passes for my wife and I. I was on the phone a total of 22 minutes. I spoke to Earl who is without a doubt the nicest customer service rep I've ever spoken to!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
just purchased my Epic Local Passes for my wife and I. I was on the phone a total of 22 minutes. I spoke to Earl who is without a doubt the nicest customer service rep I've ever spoken to!
I am sure it has calmed down by now.

On another subject, I hear the Vails CEO grew up skiing at Hunter. Hopefully that means he gives Hunter some extra love. New Bathrooms is all I ask for! Lol...

drjeff

Looks like Mount Snow is getting the Hermitage snow guns that were auctioned yesterday!

I wouldn't be so sure that they'll be moving up the street from the Hermitage to Mount Snow. Mount Snow actually took out about 15 or so fan guns that were on a couple of trails (Mine Shaft and some of Cascade from what it looked like to me) over the Summer and replaced them with air/water towers. Some of the fan guns have been shipped to other Peak resorts, while as of Columbus Day Weekend when I was last up there, some others were still sitting in one of the outer parking lots, all plastic wrapped up on palates looking like they were waiting to be shipped to other sister resorts.

The mountain ops folks at Mount Snow over the years have done some tweaking about what type of gun (fan vs air water and various air/water brands {HKD, Snowlogic, and ratnik) work best in various areas of the mountain and under what conditions they ideally will use them in)

drjeff

On another subject, I hear the Vails CEO grew up skiing at Hunter. Hopefully that means he gives Hunter some extra love. New Bathrooms is all I ask for! Lol...

Yup, I learned that tidbit about Rob Katz, Vail Resorts CEO when I was reading the really good new ski industry book, written by Chris Diamond, Ski Inc 2020

cdskier

Yup, I learned that tidbit about Rob Katz, Vail Resorts CEO when I was reading the really good new ski industry book, written by Chris Diamond, Ski Inc 2020

Didn't realize Chris had a new book out. I enjoyed the original Ski Inc and might need to pick this new one up...

drjeff

Didn't realize Chris had a new book out. I enjoyed the original Ski Inc and might need to pick this new one up...

I'm about 75 pages in so far, and I find it a very interesting read, equally, if not better than his original Ski Inc from a few years ago. This one is focusing (so far at least) on the rise of Vail Resorts and the Epic Pass and Alterra and the Ikon pass and the overall trends behind the multi resort "mega passes"

jimmywilson69

The Southcentral PA Resorts use TAs. Whitetail uses them almost exclusively, Roundtop has 1 run with TA, and Liberty has a bunch of TAs

Can't speak for the Poconos or anywhere else Peaks related. Would seem odd to ship them anywhere further than the East coast, but if they got a great deal on basically brand new equipment then who knows.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
The Southcentral PA Resorts use TAs. Whitetail uses them almost exclusively, Roundtop has 1 run with TA, and Liberty has a bunch of TAs

Can't speak for the Poconos or anywhere else Peaks related. Would seem odd to ship them anywhere further than the East coast, but if they got a great deal on basically brand new equipment then who knows.

Wont be going to Hunter I bet. Switching over to mostly HKD sticks.

asnowmobiler

Got to love drinking at a bar overlooking a parking lot then walking down stairs in ski boots to take a piss��

2Planker

You basically just described the Mansfield Lodge at Stowe.... LOL Nnot a dig, by far my favorite lodge at the place.

...and Barker Lodge at SR
Bar is upstairs on 2nd level, only bathrooms are 2 flight of stairs down in the basement....

skiur

...and Barker Lodge at SR
Bar is upstairs on 2nd level, only bathrooms are 2 flight of stairs down in the basement....

The old peak lodge at Killington was like that too, and those stairs were slippery......Bear Mt has lodge has downstairs bathrooms too.