Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njdiver85 View Post
    From my read of the FAQ's, the upgrade cost from Peak Pass to Epic pass would be the difference from what you paid for the Peak Pass at time of purchase, and the cost of Epic at closing of the transaction. So if I purchased my Peak Explorer pass on the early buy date for $629, and Epic pass holds at current amount of $939, it's a $310 upgrade. Is that correct?
    I got the impression from reading the FAQ's and I believe reading on Mount Snow's social media pages yesterday responses from their communications crew, that if you want to go from a Peak pass to an Epic Pass product, that you'd be credited the cost of what you paid for your Peak pass towards the cost of an Epic product, at the rate it would of been had you bought the Epic product on the day you bought your Peak product, not the day the deal to buy Peak closes

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I got the impression from reading the FAQ's and I believe reading on Mount Snow's social media pages yesterday responses from their communications crew, that if you want to go from a Peak pass to an Epic Pass product, that you'd be credited the cost of what you paid for your Peak pass towards the cost of an Epic product, at the rate it would of been had you bought the Epic product on the day you bought your Peak product, not the day the deal to buy Peak closes
    That definitely seems to not be in line with how the FAQ is currently worded...
    The way I read it, the price is based on the day you make the exchange (not when you bought your original pass or even when the deal closes)

If I purchased my Peak Resorts season pass in Spring and I now want to upgrade to an
    Epic Pass, can I get the same Epic Pass price and benefits from May?
    You will receive current benefits and will be charged or refunded the difference in price based on the day of the exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Pretty high. I have to imagine Vail would want it, and I cant imagine anyone else outbidding Vail for it.
    Regarding Smuggs...It's a no-brainer for Vail to buy it but here's a crazy thought. What are the chances of Alterra playing the spoiler and buying it to keep Vail from creating the Stowe-Smuggs super resort? Plus, Smuggs is accessed from the north so coming from the direction of the Montreal is easier.

i know, it's never going to happen but as an Ikon fan it's kinda fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    That definitely seems to not be in line with how the FAQ is currently worded...
    The way I read it, the price is based on the day you make the exchange (not when you bought your original pass or even when the deal closes)
    That's how I read it. Hope so anyway as I'd get a Local and a small refund if true as of today.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

I also believe this is the case and this seems similar to what they did when they bought Sunapee. Also the Epic Local usually gives you almost unlimited use of the New England Epic mountains minus Stowe.
    2018-2019: 36
    Sunapee 11, Pico 10, Wachusett 5, Stowe 1, Killington 1, Cranmore 1, Skiway 2, Whaleback 1, Cannon 1, Black Mountain NH 1, Otis Ridge 1, Nashoba Valley 1

2017-2018 season: 43, 2016-2017 season: 43, 2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

Rumor is MRG and Bush will be joining the Freedom Pass with Magic, Bolton, Whale, Platty, etc.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Tangent here...I hear it time and time again on this site...why would Vail buy Smuggs?? The mountain needs massive amounts of cash for lifts, snowmaking, and modern lodging. A Smuggs-Stowe connection would be impossible to permit with the pond that's up there, the fact that there'd be major tree cutting, and local opposition as that's prime sidecountry access (or so I hear).

I just don't see ANY desire for Vail to put in that kind of work. Why essentially re-build an Eastern destination 4+ hours from any major city when you can get people to buy Epic passes, hop on a plane, and spend the money at Vail-owned properties out west. Vail's East Coast strategy is purely a funnel to get people out into Vail Village, Beaver Creek, and Park City...and make investors happy seeing that Vail owns xx% of market share. At least that's how I see it but I am 100% an armchair ski company president.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Tangent here...I hear it time and time again on this site...why would Vail buy Smuggs?? The mountain needs massive amounts of cash for lifts, snowmaking, and modern lodging. A Smuggs-Stowe connection would be impossible to permit with the pond that's up there, the fact that there'd be major tree cutting, and local opposition as that's prime sidecountry access (or so I hear).
    The short answer is folks look at topagraphical maps and assume an easy interconnect creating the largest ski area in the East because of how close Spruce and Sterling peaks are from each other.

I don't ever see anything beyond the old interconnect happening. It's all state park land up there. Vail would have to absolutely grease the hell out of VT pols to make it happen. The chance of getting lift or major trail connection is so minimal. No way I see the State approving anything that takes away from Sterling pond as it currently exists.

Hope we never see it. Keep Stowe, Stowe and keep Smuggs, Smuggs. Love em both for the different experiences they provide. No need to blend them. Feel the same way about K / Pico.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Rumor is MRG and Bush will be joining the Freedom Pass with Magic, Bolton, Whale, Platty, etc.
    That would be extremely beneficial to me...

The only "problem" I see with MRG and Bush both joining is that all of a sudden you would have a lot of Bush passholders that would then have free days at a mountain right next door. That's a lot of potential people suddenly going to MRG. As a Bush passholder, I can guarantee that I would try to use all of my MRG days for sure. It would be stupid not to with how close the two are...

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Feel the same way about K / Pico.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Me too.

Thread Information