Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 16

AlpineZone

Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    I could see the horse transfer getting approval before the carpet or snowcat options. That would be very "Vermont" and hard for environmentalists to block.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    As for your comment about not understanding how the state of VT works? I dunno BG. I lived there 13 years, vacationed there all my life and have called 10 other states home. VT is easily the most restrictive of any state I've ever lived regarding the type of commerce you believe is so easy to make happen.
    If you know Vermont well, you know that Act 250 hasn't stopped development in the slightest. It just makes getting the permits much more expensive and time consuming. Just look at the train wrecks known as Taft Corners and Shelburne Road. And look at all the development at ski areas since Act 250 was implemented in 1970.

I am sure that Vail could figure something out as long as it has a low environmental impact. But it would cost millions of dollars and several years worth of appeals just to get the permit. The question is whether or not Vail thinks that this investment is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    Where is this bush/mrg joining the freedom pass coming from?
    Yes, where?

Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I could see the horse transfer getting approval before the carpet or snowcat options. That would be very "Vermont" and hard for environmentalists to block.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    If cow farts are apparently bad for the environment, could horse farts be much better?

Plus, there's probably a Bicknell's Thrush nest or 2 somewhere within 87.4 miles of there, thus making it an issue for "Team Tree hugger" I'm sure
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Yes, where?
    A friend of a friend, who heard it from a friend who heard it from someone at a bar who heard it from someone at a brewery they were at before the bar, who heard it from someone who knows someone who heard it from someone who once knew someone who had a cousin three times removed who worked at Mad River or Sugarbush (they can't remember which one) back in the early 70's....
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    If cow farts are apparently bad for the environment, could horse farts be much better?

Plus, there's probably a Bicknell's Thrush nest or 2 somewhere within 87.4 miles of there, thus making it an issue for "Team Tree hugger" I'm sure

Well they could just run the gondola on horse farts like Killington does on cow farts.

why not tunnel? What more of a grandiose Idea than to make the largest ski Resort in the East by connecting it through a tunnel

(I've put zero thoughts into logistics)
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 2
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO

Total Ski Visits 2

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    A friend of a friend, who heard it from a friend who heard it from someone at a bar who heard it from someone at a brewery they were at before the bar, who heard it from someone who knows someone who heard it from someone who once knew someone who had a cousin three times removed who worked at Mad River or Sugarbush (they can't remember which one) back in the early 70's....
    Well, OK then.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

I know that we've been through this debate before, but why is there a prevailing view here that the Stowe-Smuggs connection is on sacred ground? It probably wouldn't be an eyesore from the valley floor, and there should be ways for a motivated Vail to work a solution around the pond.

The lift infrastructure could probably be handled with a connector (of whenever kind) and two high speed lifts: one in that lower village area to replace the two side by side doubles, and one on Sterling. Madonna doesn't have the downhill capacity to handle more traffic anyway if the top (although perhaps Madonna II could handle higher capacity). Lodge space and parking would need help.

This is Vail though, they spent $50 million or so to connect the Canyons to PC, build a new lodge and upgrade a couple lifts near the interconnect. If motivated, Vail could probably buy and upgrade Smuggs for that, or less. The real question seems to be how badly they want it/how necessary it would be to enhance the guest experience.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    why not tunnel?
    I actually had that thought.

Thread Information