Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 53

AlpineZone

Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

That's crazy expensive. I got a magic and an ikon pass for that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    We call Windham "The Vail of the Catskills"
    Actually, they used to have a T-shirt on the wall in the Lodge that said Aspen of the East. I almost lost my shit when i saw that. I hate the place.

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    We call Windham "The Vail of the Catskills"
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Actually, they used to have a T-shirt on the wall in the Lodge that said Aspen of the East. I almost lost my shit when i saw that. I hate the place.
    There’s a distinct difference between Aspen and Vail.

Windhamites can’t decide which it is?
    Last edited by abc; Aug 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, Vermont isnt much of a fly-to-ski destination. As you say, it obviously happens, but if flying to Vermont to ski became illegal (LOL) I doubt the resorts would bat an eyelash. I will say, however, that when I worked at Stowe I was always surprised how many Brits came here to ski given they have far superior terrain closer, but when you look at their itinerary closer, they almost always tended to be people who were going to visit NYC or other USA sights on a 2 week trip, and skiing was just a 2 to 4 day diversion.
    The Brits I talk to on the lift come here for the language, the hospitality, and shopping in NYC; they rotate trips with Europe. I talk to folks from FL & DC that flew to VT or frequently BOS. Many that do have family to visit in the Northeast. You also see a fair bit of Canadians that came from Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, etc, many drive but some fly. I've also seen Bermuda. I've seen Alaska license plates in the lot!
    Last edited by mister moose; Aug 14, 2019 at 9:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm trying to think of another season pass to a mountain in the Northeast in general (never-mind just the Cats) that is as pricey as the Windham one...so far I'm coming up empty. Could they really now be the most expensive pass in the Northeast?
    I think they are!
    Nice town and restaurants though. 14 miles from Hunter. If you can force yourself to drive by Vesuvios's without just stopping there.
    NEVER SUMMER!

So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out Crotched's window prices for tickets for the coming season. Weekend tickets went up only $2 from $69 to $71 and weekdays went from $55 to $61. Online tickets are still discounted to $45-$55 for most weekends. I don't know what Mount Snow was last year, but I think that the daily window rate of $118 has to be a decent increase. Online tickets are currently available from $40-$60.
    I wonder if the online discounts will change after the sale is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out Crotched's window prices for tickets for the coming season. Weekend tickets went up only $2 from $69 to $71 and weekdays went from $55 to $61. Online tickets are still discounted to $45-$55 for most weekends. I don't know what Mount Snow was last year, but I think that the daily window rate of $118 has to be a decent increase. Online tickets are currently available from $40-$60.
    I wonder if the online discounts will change after the sale is closed.
    Last year at Mount Snow the window rate was $110 according to https://www.newenglandskihistory.com...cketprices.php

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out Crotched's window prices for tickets for the coming season. Weekend tickets went up only $2 from $69 to $71 and weekdays went from $55 to $61.
    Unless they had not raised prices for several years, I would not view 3% & 11% increases positively.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

shirley, parking will be free.....

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Unless they had not raised prices for several years, I would not view 3% & 11% increases positively.
    A $2 increase with online discounts intact at the Crotch is a lot better than I expected. Wawa, an independent area is also going up by $2 from $71 to $73, just saying. I don't have the time to look up other major areas, because I don't ski them. Crotched is a local mountain, not a resort.

Thread Information