Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts. - Page 32

AlpineZone

Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 994
  1. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Seconded!
    Thanks, and you, too, BG! Thinking of trying to organize a trip with grandparents as built-in baby sitters to Whiteface. Still never been to LP.

    Will be inflexible on the date most likely, which sounds like it could lead to a real hit-or-miss scenario. Still think it would be fun to check the place out.

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

  2. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Thanks, and you, too, BG! Thinking of trying to organize a trip with grandparents as built-in baby sitters to Whiteface. Still never been to LP.

    Will be inflexible on the date most likely, which sounds like it could lead to a real hit-or-miss scenario. Still think it would be fun to check the place out.

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Congrats!!!
    And enjoy new furniture/cars your wife will buy while your skiing.

  3. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Thanks, and you, too, BG! Thinking of trying to organize a trip with grandparents as built-in baby sitters to Whiteface. Still never been to LP.

    Will be inflexible on the date most likely, which sounds like it could lead to a real hit-or-miss scenario.
    I always say, "one does not plan a trip to Whiteface", but given the infant situation, this would be the rare exception. There will be plenty of shopping, dining, Olympic site visiting, etc.... to keep the grandparents interest while babysitting. Sounds like a great plan, just have to hope the snow is there.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #314

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I always say, "one does not plan a trip to Whiteface", but given the infant situation, this would be the rare exception. There will be plenty of shopping, dining, Olympic site visiting, etc.... to keep the grandparents interest while babysitting. Sounds like a great plan, just have to hope the snow is there.
    I felt WF had improved on that respect? I've had good luck at WF the last few years. I thought their snow making and grooming is decent enough to overcome the iffy conditions.

    Or perhaps I was just luckier the last couple times I was up there.

  5. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Admittedly, I'm going to have a kid born any day now, and I (selfishly) have no idea how this will affect my skiing this season, but I imagine I'm going to go from about 20 days to less than 10 days.



    EDIT: The upside (so this doesnt sound too depressing) is I'm already thinking it's going to be so cool enrolling them in learn-to-ski when they're 3.5 years old.
    Congrats to both you and EPB! Might not be a popular opinion but teaching your kids yourself can be a blast. Since my kids started skiing at 4, 100% of their skiing has been with me and 95% of mine has been with them. That's a boat load of quality time, wouldn't change a thing.

  6. #316
    x10003q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I felt WF had improved on that respect? I've had good luck at WF the last few years. I thought their snow making and grooming is decent enough to overcome the iffy conditions.

    Or perhaps I was just luckier the last couple times I was up there.
    You just got lucky

  7. #317
    We got our peak passes in the mail today. They were mailed in a branded envelope, with a small book including a page on each mountain. Also included were several stickers and a branded goggle wipe. Best presentation i recollect over a lifetime of picking up passes and more typical of a healthy company than one about to sell.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  8. #318
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    We got our peak passes in the mail today. They were mailed in a branded envelope, with a small book including a page on each mountain. Also included were several stickers and a branded goggle wipe. Best presentation i recollect over a lifetime of picking up passes and more typical of a healthy company than one about to sell.
    So this was for the Peak hills only, right? Haven’t received mine yet.

  9. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    We got our peak passes in the mail today. They were mailed in a branded envelope, with a small book including a page on each mountain. Also included were several stickers and a branded goggle wipe. Best presentation i recollect over a lifetime of picking up passes and more typical of a healthy company than one about to sell.
    Got mine today as well. Good presentation for sure. Peak Pass only Edd.

    Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

  10. #320
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,386
    Congrats epb and BG!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:41 AM.