Sunday River improvements for 2019/2020 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So I've been told by the powers that be that an announcement on the expanded Glades lots and new trail should be coming along soon. Friend sent me a few pictures yesterday of the new trail off Aurora Road, it is fully graded out already. Still not sure if they are just going to use Aurora Road and Yetiville to access this new trail back or if there is a higher section being built dropping off sensation beyond Yetiville's entrance. I do know snowmaking pipe is being welded and dragged up from the merge into Ridge Run.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I have been told by a friend that the old carpet lift has been removed, though no apparent work on the new carpets. T bar is up on lock, but no t bars installed yet on the cable.
    lovin life,

Bob

Nothing overly promising in the long-range forecast, and the leaves seem to be a bit behind schedule for fall foliage. So maybe they have time to get something done before winter sets in hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Nothing overly promising in the long-range forecast, and the leaves seem to be a bit behind schedule for fall foliage. So maybe they have time to get something done before winter sets in hard.
    I am assuming other than running the power lines under the trails, carpets don't take too long to install as compared to other lift types.

Correct, the trail just has to have the correct gradient and then the power and comm lines run. Sometimes there is a vault built below the motor on some models.
    Last edited by Newpylong; Sep 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

T-bars are going on!

The carpet lift is gone, save for the foundation at the top:
    lovin life,

Bob

I did have opportunity to talk with a Sunday River guy, who seemed to be in the know. Apparently, the new carpet rides are scheduled to start installation at the end of the month and take a bout a month to complete. This is all weather dependent, of course, starting with the job they are currently working on. they need to finish that job before they come here. So it could easily stretch into November a bit, but shouldn't really be an issue.
    lovin life,

Bob

Not sure about improvements, but it is worth noting that the Maine Brew Fest is at Sunday River today!

Nice pics uphillklimber. Looks like they have some work left on the Triple, as in removing a tower or two no longer needed due to the new ones for the T-Bar crossover.

At that point of the hike, I wasn't too interested in hiking up to take a look at what they were doing, not sure they'd let me if they were actively working on it. I thought I saw some poles laying on the ground nearby, not sure if they need to go up or be pulled down to a storage yard. Looks like they had the crossover pretty much done, but I really couldn't tell. It does look like there is/are an extra pole or two still standing.
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information