Sunday River improvements for 2019/2020 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I have to disagree here. Given the weather that is suppose to come in later Thursday with below freezing highs even in town for 72 hours, they will be TTB on at least Sunday Punch if not Cascades too. High probability of Barker spinning too with Ecstacy/Jungle as well. Now, if what some of the Mets are forecasting Thursday pans out and we get some natural to boot, even better. Remember, the big all skier investment right now is in the Snowmaking plant. They will want to show off especially given we are into the second weekend of November.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I gotta say, I hope you are right and I am wrong!
    lovin life,

Bob

I did a little hiking today around little Whitecap, but also heard the snow guns, so after hiking I drove to where I could see the guns. They are blowing T-2 and Upper Punch right now. Weather is looking good for snow making, highs in the lower 40's (At the base lodge station at South Ridge. So up high should be fine.
    lovin life,

Bob

Sunday River is being weak this early season. Just announced opening for Saturday (ok, temps haven't been favorable up til now), but on FB they announced it's just Sat/Sun, they won't go midweek full time til next Friday. What the F? Monday is a holiday to boot!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I got a picture of what they had snow blowing on. A little too warm right now, but I'm sure they intend to blow more.

I also took a look at the new carpet lifts being installed. They now have 3 gravel pads, one from the river house/ski school up to where Ridge Run joins in, then the one to replace the original one and one more to go up a little further. It appears all the mechanics for these lifts will be at the top. They have about a 10" precast foundation set up with some I-beams inside. (Sorry, I didn't take that picture.).

I see improvement in the learning experience. This will help grow the ski population to keep skiing alive.
    lovin life,

Bob

A little closer for the new beginner terrain.
    lovin life,

Bob

It should also be noted that the Sundance and learning improvements will also include MASR being forced from its current home at some point in the near future. I've heard rumors that a spot on White Cap (the island between lower starburst and starlight behind the Grand has been discussed) will be the relocation. How they are supposed to get curbside dropoff there I have no idea. Some of the changes SR is making have terrible optics right now from the T-Bar to the learning area.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Yes, that will happen, I think, after next season. MASR moving. Where, is still in question. I prefer to take my grandkids to Little white cap over the crowded learning area. But there are only fixed grip lifts at White Cap lodge area. Detachables are huge for MASR.
    lovin life,

Bob

Whatever masr is...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

So does this mean that opening weekend will mean lapping the upper half of the Locke chairlift?

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Whatever masr is...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Maine Adaptive sports and recreation
    Last edited by uphillklimber; Nov 7, 2019 at 4:32 PM.
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information