Sunday River improvements for 2019/2020 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    So does this mean that opening weekend will mean lapping the upper half of the Locke chairlift?
    Probably to start given zero real base below midstation currently. My guess is they will allow skiing below midstation late morning on Saturday and on provided the temp forecast starting tonight verifies true.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Very shocked with the reopen today and only 7 trails available. Sister resorts SL and Loon are kicking SR's butt on open terrain today. Not sure where the increased water capacity from last year and this summer have gone, but it certainly wasn't onto the hill this week. Not sure what is going on here, maybe a bit too much focus on serving the race community? Probably not. Hoping this is a staffing issue and not some systemic issue with the snowmaking plant.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Very shocked with the reopen today and only 7 trails available. Sister resorts SL and Loon are kicking SR's butt on open terrain today. Not sure where the increased water capacity from last year and this summer have gone, but it certainly wasn't onto the hill this week. Not sure what is going on here, maybe a bit too much focus on serving the race community? Probably not. Hoping this is a staffing issue and not some systemic issue with the snowmaking plant.

I read about this elsewhere. You may have seen that they are blowing snow on Kansas, totally removed from the Barker area. I think I have this understood correctly. What has happened is that they are using 100% of the available air pressure that the pipes in Barker can take. Basically, the AIR pipes have no more volume available. But, if they send some air pressure somewhere else, since they have some excess air pressure, they can also send some more water there as well. So, rather than just sitting on the available air pressure, they sent it to Kansas, and are no maximizing the available air pressure and matching it with available water pressure.

All that being said, today's conditions:
    T-2 closed for training.
    Ecstasy, Jungle road and upper punch rode real nice, practically mid season groomer smooth.
    Sunday punch had golf ball sized death cookies here and there and was a little rough from the mid station down to the junction with Right stuff, then softened out.
    Right Stuff had whales all over it and was a ton of fun.
    lovin life,

Bob

Not quite, all I will say now that I know is that they are currently water limited. This should be corrected in time for the push to Christmas and then we should see the full power of the system.

On another note, Carpet install is happening. Poor shot while I waited for a binding mount I will admit.8925~2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glad to see The Mountain Room is still operating. The website says open Thursday to Sunday. Hoping they switch to daily when the season gets going. Not sure what they usually do.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

They do not go daily except for holiday weeks up there. Supposedly Mountain Room pizza will be available in peak cafe line this year, not sure if that is every day or not. The bar is open every day up there, just not the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    The bar is open every day up there, just not the kitchen.

I can live with that.

Had a fun morning at Sunday river. Left Brooklyn at 1:15 am. Arrived at 730 and got one of the last spots in barker lot. Would not have been happy shuttling from south ridge. Ripped the 4 routes repeatedly, racked up 25k vertical by 12:30, and my legs told me to quit. Drove to Lincoln and checked into the motel and I’ll hit loon for a similar schedule tomorrow.

Had a fun morning at Sunday river. Left Brooklyn at 1:15 am. Arrived at 730 and got one of the last spots in barker lot. Would not have been happy shuttling from south ridge. Ripped the 4 routes repeatedly, racked up 25k vertical by 12:30, and my legs told me to quit. Drove to Lincoln and checked into the motel and I’ll hit loon for a similar schedule tomorrow.

Holy shit, 6 hours is a long way to ski one lift at Sunday River lol. Hope it was worth the drive.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19

2019-20 days - 6
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3
    Killington: 12/8

Thread Information