Sunday River improvements for 2019/2020

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sunday River improvements for 2019/2020

I was bored today, so I took a ride over to the River and took a couple laps on the chondi. Man, I miss riding a lift!!! And looking at snowguns.....

Anyways, after we finished riding up and down, I went in to get my season pass. While there, I asked what improvements they had going this Summer, I already know about the T bar next to Monday Morning. He speaks up and says FOUR new lifts! I say, tell me about the other three.

He tells me the other three are conveyor belts on Sundance. A little let down, but this is going to help out the beginners in a good way. The first belt will from the learning center sign in area, so you don't have to walk several hundred feet in ski boots as a beginner up to the current conveyor belt location. This will take you up as far as where Ridge run comes out, just below the current conveyor belt.

From there, they are replacing the current conveyor belt, which has been nothing but problems for them. When it was installed, it was the last one that company built and installed, and they went out of business, so replacement parts and tech service were hard. This belt will be move to the center of Sundance, so beginner beginners will be on skiers left, advanced beginners will be on skiers right.

Next, they will have a third conveyor that brings them from the top of that belt to about where the Fall Line condos are, which is just a bit steeper, so the beginners can step up their difficulty a little more before heading up the Southridge Express (Lift 2).

All of these conveyor belts will be covered,so snow removal will be less of an issue, as well as icing on the belts which caused problems with beginners slipping backwards on the belt.

I drove up to Sundance and nothing has begun yet, and I haven't seen an official announcement. But I was told by several employees this is happening this year!

Additional work includes the repaving of the Summit Hotel access road. I saw several of the condos getting roof work done and snow issues worked on(Not really Sunday River). I saw parts for the Monday morning T Bar in the parking lot. I am told some of the towers have been set, but I did not see that. I did see where the bottom of the race arena has been reworked, making for a more appropriate place to end the races and allow racers to come to a stop.

That's all I have for now!
    lovin life,

Bob

Press release is right on the website media page for the carpets/T-Bar.

https://www.sundayriver.com/media-ce...9-surface-lift

Will be interesting to see this as the two new upper carpets are suppose to go smack dab into the middle of Sundance. They are suppose to add terrain based learning elements to one side of the carpets as well (kind of wonder if the tubing runs are finished to allow this. That would give them much more trail width to play with).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Riverveteran View Post
    Tubing is horrible
    Where it is now, yup. T-Bar towers on-site in the overflow lot by Snow Cap Inn now. Barker pond is being dredged (they drained it so must have something to do with snowmaking) and in town, the bowling alley is taking shape.IMG_20190809_145937.jpgIMG_20190809_144452.jpg

This year is inaugural run of The Mahoosuc Ridge to the River Challenge. Last fall, the Prime Time ski club had a hand in help cleaning up the scenic area of Spruce Cliffs and now the River has turned it into a trail! The challenge will go over this well marked trail, starting at teh Valentin Farm on North Road Bethel, ending at South Ridge.

While there, we could not help but go over to the new T-bar location. Here is what it lloks like at the top of Monday Morning:

The unload station booth location:

Anyone excited to see Dopplemayr's trailer on site?

And the loading and unloading booth are all ready for install as well!

The river has placed picnic tables and chairs here and there on the mountain. Bonus points if you recognize the locations!

lovin life,

Bob

No amount of improvements can save that boring ass place.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

There's an old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    There's an old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    There would be no internet conversation then.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    No amount of improvements can save that boring ass place.
    Excellent, one less D-Bag I have to deal with on mountain!!

Thanks for the pics, guys. It is cool to see how things are looking, although seeing the Crossbow sign...oh, never mind.

The Ridge to River course looks fun and extremely strenuous. That will be the toughest thing I have ever run.

Thread Information