Ski Ballet for Student Film

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video Ski Ballet for Student Film

Howdy!

I'm a student at MassArt currently working on a film loosely themed around skiing and and ski ballet.

I'm unfamiliar with skiing myself, but I am looking for any local skiers in the Massachusetts area familiar with ski ballet who might be willing to help out!

Any questions, responses, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Couldn’t say much about ski ballet, but I know beauty when I see it. IMG_0036.jpg

Suggest starting out by watching any Warren Miller film about skiing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydIiwvxMRI
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Sullivan View Post
    Howdy!

I'm a student at MassArt currently working on a film loosely themed around skiing and and ski ballet.

I'm unfamiliar with skiing myself, but I am looking for any local skiers in the Massachusetts area familiar with ski ballet who might be willing to help out!

Check out Greg Stump. He did ski ballet as part of freestyle way back in the 1960's and 1970's. IIRC he was a national champion. FWIW I don't think that ski ballet is really a thing anymore. I might be wrong.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Sullivan View Post
    Howdy!

Try asking on this site. Lots of helpful skiers there. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ard-Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cps27 View Post
    Try asking on this site. Lots of helpful skiers there. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ard-Discussion
    You can't be serious. For some reason I don't see that going well... Even in it's heyday(late 60s-70's?) I doubt the cool kids were into Ski Ballet! Seems like everyone on TGR is cooler than the last guy. I'm not sure this is a serious thread to begin with. But I'm a Nostalgia Buff so I'll give the OP a pass...

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Even in it's heyday(late 60s-70's?) I doubt the cool kids were into Ski Ballet! Seems like everyone on TGR is cooler than the last guy.
    Moseley is fairly competent ski ballerino:

All right...one of the cool kids was into it.

All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    You can't be serious. For some reason I don't see that going well... Even in it's heyday(late 60s-70's?) I doubt the cool kids were into Ski Ballet! Seems like everyone on TGR is cooler than the last guy. I'm not sure this is a serious thread to begin with. But I'm a Nostalgia Buff so I'll give the OP a pass...

Spoiler: he isn’t serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Spoiler: he isn’t serious.
    I don't check in here regularly anymore so tone is hard to judge sometimes. This place ain't what it used to be, but it's still better then TGR. My comment was more of a PSA to the OP.

All skis are rock skis

Thread Information