• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Ballet for Student Film

Joseph Sullivan

Howdy!

I'm a student at MassArt currently working on a film loosely themed around skiing and and ski ballet.

I'm unfamiliar with skiing myself, but I am looking for any local skiers in the Massachusetts area familiar with ski ballet who might be willing to help out!

Any questions, responses, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Edd

Couldn’t say much about ski ballet, but I know beauty when I see it. IMG_0036.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Howdy!

I'm a student at MassArt currently working on a film loosely themed around skiing and and ski ballet.

I'm unfamiliar with skiing myself, but I am looking for any local skiers in the Massachusetts area familiar with ski ballet who might be willing to help out!

Check out Greg Stump. He did ski ballet as part of freestyle way back in the 1960's and 1970's. IIRC he was a national champion. FWIW I don't think that ski ballet is really a thing anymore. I might be wrong.

St. Jerry

Howdy!

Try asking on this site. Lots of helpful skiers there. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/3-General-Ski-Snowboard-Discussion

twinplanx

You can't be serious. For some reason I don't see that going well... Even in it's heyday(late 60s-70's?) I doubt the cool kids were into Ski Ballet! Seems like everyone on TGR is cooler than the last guy. I'm not sure this is a serious thread to begin with. But I'm a Nostalgia Buff so I'll give the OP a pass...

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Edd

You can't be serious. For some reason I don't see that going well... Even in it's heyday(late 60s-70's?) I doubt the cool kids were into Ski Ballet! Seems like everyone on TGR is cooler than the last guy. I'm not sure this is a serious thread to begin with. But I'm a Nostalgia Buff so I'll give the OP a pass...

Spoiler: he isn’t serious.

twinplanx

Spoiler: he isn’t serious.
I don't check in here regularly anymore so tone is hard to judge sometimes. This place ain't what it used to be, but it's still better then TGR. My comment was more of a PSA to the OP.