Vail exhausted - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vail exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    I wonder if the crowds would be less since pass holders would have more options? Also having Mount Snow for early season would be nice.
    Yeah, it's hard to tell. I imagine it would draw in a lot more of the Pocono crowd who would like to have the other options for some variation and maybe a trip out west. Maybe the inevitable increase in walk-up prices would send a bunch of casual day-trippers elsewhere, though. I wonder if JF/BB will capture a meaningful number of Blue/Camelback passholders. I'm skeptical about that, and it probably won't happen this season, and who knows what the landscape will look next year given Blue's desire to bring in investor money.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Whistler and Kirkwood are both awesome. Otherwise, Ikon has the more interesting looking portfolio to me, too, from the looks of it (not that I've been).

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I was going to mention Whistler as an exception. Being a bump dork, however, I am partial to Winter Park.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Reality being, few if any would try to hit ALL of the mountains on either pass in one season. So Ikon having more "iconic" mountains overall isn't all that relevant. It's really just which mountain you wish to visit the season you buy the pass.
    Agree with this so much. I'll hit at most 3-4 western mountains in a season. There are way more resorts than that on Epic that interest me, so I'll definitely have Epic every once in awhile (assuming it lasts that long).

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post

BTW, I think Vail itself is pretty awesome in the right condition, which happens often enough. (I don't like the price of everything else in Vail though, but who does?)
    Yeah, easterners who claim the skiing at Vail is "lame" or "too easy" or insert _______ pejorative, are just trying to make themselves sound like the God of Expert Skiing.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, easterners who claim the skiing at Vail is "lame" or "too easy" or insert _______ pejorative, are just trying to make themselves sound like the God of Expert Skiing.
    Have you been? I was disappointed, so I'm somewhat warm to the critiques. That said, the motivations you outlined feel spot on by and large. The bowls served by the the lift on the skiers right are solid. Also the front side of the skier's right has some sold terrain, too. My attitude though is that I'd rather go somewhere else if I'm gonna trek all the way to Colorado from the Northeast.

If Vail were miraculously dropped in NY or NE, it immediately becomes the undisputed #1 ski area in the east, so to that end, easterners have no real gripe.

Ski season is always too short

I'm enjoying the irony of a thread created about too much Vail talk turning into another thread talking about Vail.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm enjoying the irony of a thread created about too much Vail talk turning into another thread talking about Vail.
    Def crossed my mind, too haha

Ski season is always too short

Fire up exhausted of exhausted of Vail thread... Hey, skiing is only a couple months away, thank God.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Have you been?
    Yes, Vail is awesome. BSB is a lonely playground worthy of the day by itself. There's plenty of great stuff at Vail, you need to find a local or a friendly employee if you had a bad time.

I was about to post that, but you beat me to it. Scotty's thread backfired on him.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

OMG too funny... lol

Thread Information