Vail exhausted - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vail exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    If you think Park City is better than Vail, you clearly don’t know Vail.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    If you think Vail is better than Park City, you clearly don't know Park City!!!
    If you're an eastern skier bitching about either Park City or Vail, you clearly don't appreciate your time out west enough.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Vail exhausted

I’ve not been to PC. Any opinions on which has the heavier crowds, Vail vs. PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    "There have also been more than 250,000 people who have skied in Vail since Mr. Chen went missing.”
    Now there's a guy who knew how to avoid the crowds.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Now there's a guy who knew how to avoid the crowds.

My guess is heart attack wearing white clothes in a white out.

What's Chinese for Jerry?
    "Make Greenland Green again"

If you're an eastern skier bitching about either Park City or Vail, you clearly don't appreciate your time out west enough.
    That is a really good point! There is something for everyone and lots of it!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    If you think Vail is better than Park City, then you clearly don't know Park City!!!

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Name the “fun terrain” of Park City you can’t find in Vail, maybe we can give you a hint on where you should go find it in Vail.

It’s entirely possible to NOT appreciate “a trip” (or even 2) out west when you hit poor condition!

After all, one of the biggest reason to go out west is there’s typically much better conditions out there.
    Last edited by abc; Aug 19, 2019 at 4:14 AM.

Dp

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Name the “fun terrain” of Park City you can’t find in Vail, maybe we can give you a hint on where you should go find it in Vail.
    I liked Jupiter/McConkey's on the PC side and 9990 and Peak 5 on the Canyons side as much as anything in the back bowls at Vail. That peak as far away from PC as you can get at the Canyons seemed to have some interesting terrain, but was wind scoured when I was there. It could have been a timing issue, but I thought the snow quality was a bit better at PC, too. Vail is a perfectly good place, but it's not going to be everyone's favorite.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Count me as someone who has little desire to return to Vail. Been a couple of times. I was underwhelmed by both the mountain and town in comparison to other areas I've been in Colorado. Is it better skiing than anything in the East? Sure. But, there are plenty of other places I'd rather return to. If I want the more "tourist" type experience, I'd take Aspen or Breckenridge over Vail. I like the towns and skiing better at both; especially Highlands. A more likely scenario for me would be getting an Airbnb in Dillon and skiing Abasin and Loveland.

No experience with PC or Utah to comment there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information