• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail exhausted

FBGM

You just butthurt that you have to go Epic or Ikon now. And your cheeseburger is now $18. Vail is just making Vermont great again. I hear they are gonna buy out the H dealers in southern VT next and sell package deals of heroine. More tweakers then skiers probably in Southern VT.

mister moose

Vail is just making Vermont great again. I hear they are gonna buy out the H dealers in southern VT next and sell package deals of heroine.
What, like you get a ski date with both Wonder Woman and Supergirl?

EPB

You just butthurt that you have to go Epic or Ikon now. And your cheeseburger is now $18. Vail is just making Vermont great again. I hear they are gonna buy out the H dealers in southern VT next and sell package deals of heroine. More tweakers then skiers probably in Southern VT.
Vermont was never great. It has always been an upside down version of New Hampshire.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

EPB

With much more snow!!
Yeah even the proud NH boy in me has to acknowledge that NVT receives better and more plentiful snow than NH. The resorts are generally better there, too. We've still got the presidentials, though!

jimmywilson69

Vail exhausted????

I'm personally Vail excited as last year my local mid-Atlantic ski hill was bought by a ski corporation that really didn't have anything to offer. Now I will have much much better options available to me.

Domeskier

So they were sniffing around Blue?

That was the rumor. I'm glad it didn't pan out. I have little interest in visiting Epic's other offerings, east or west, and would just as well not have pass price go up (Vail would probably eliminate the season passholder's line, too, which is the only thing that makes going there on mid-winter weekends tolerable).

ScottySkis

Vail exhausted????

I'm personally Vail excited as last year my local mid-Atlantic ski hill was bought by a ski corporation that really didn't have anything to offer. Now I will have much much better options available to me.

I exhausted of Vail talking here

asnowmobiler

"So they were sniffing around Blue?"

They were.
I heard the deal fell through at the last minute.

"That was the rumor. I'm glad it didn't pan out. I have little interest in visiting Epic's other offerings, east or west, and would just as well not have pass price go up (Vail would probably eliminate the season passholder's line, too, which is the only thing that makes going there on mid-winter weekends tolerable)."

I would really miss the VIP lift line, but I do have a lot of interest in there other mountains east and west.

Domeskier

I would really miss the VIP lift line, but I do have a lot of interest in there other mountains east and west.

I have a strong preference for Ikon's offerings, both east and west. I guess I could see myself doing some late season days at Hunter on Epic. Would probably still get a K spring pass. I wonder what the crowds at Blue would have been like if the deal had gone through. <shiver>

EPB

I have a strong preference for Ikon's offerings, both east and west. I guess I could see myself doing some late season days at Hunter on Epic. Would probably still get a K spring pass. I wonder what the crowds at Blue would have been like if the deal had gone through. <shiver>
Whistler and Kirkwood are both awesome. Otherwise, Ikon has the more interesting looking portfolio to me, too, from the looks of it (not that I've been).

asnowmobiler

I wonder if the crowds would be less since pass holders would have more options? Also having Mount Snow for early season would be nice.

EPB

“Otherwise”?...

...Kicking Horse, Telluride, Crested Butte...

Just saying
Yeah I'm not in a position where I need the full epic. I think I'd just get Butte out of that list on the local. Would love to hit up all three one day though. Fair point for those who need no blackouts.

One is these days, I'd love to tourb the off-the-beaten-path places in southern CO on a trip (those you mentioned, Silverton and maybe Wolf, too).

abc

Yeah I'm not in a position where I need the full epic. I think I'd just get Butte out of that list on the local. Would love to hit up all three one day though. Fair point for those who need no blackouts.

One is these days, I'd love to tourb the off-the-beaten-path places in southern CO on a trip (those you mentioned, Silverton and maybe Wolf, too).
Reality being, few if any would try to hit ALL of the mountains on either pass in one season. So Ikon having more "iconic" mountains overall isn't all that relevant. It's really just which mountain you wish to visit the season you buy the pass.

Besides, what one consider "awesome" is entirely individual. Is Deer Valley "awesome"? Maybe it isn't for some. But if you like trees, DV is awesome! But if you like trees, Northstar is awesome too!

BTW, I think Vail itself is pretty awesome in the right condition, which happens often enough. (I don't like the price of everything else in Vail though, but who does?)