New Resort Moving Forward in Utah: Mayflower Resort - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Real estate ski area with a connect to Dear Valley is the name of the game here. Lakeside properties too I imagine.
    No lake front. Its a reservoir. I also think their property is most or all on the west side of 40

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    No lake front. Its a reservoir. I also think their property is most or all on the west side of 40
    Yes, and there's already some roads going in. When I was there a few months back I was wondering WTH was going to go in there, now I know.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    No lake front. It’s a reservoir. I also think their property is most or all on the west side of 40
    Right. They may have access to a spot or two, but most of Jordanelle is state land.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

An Op Ed piece that gives some historical context and also shows just how little those serving in the armed services are getting. Not to mention the fact that there is virtually no oversight.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/08/...e-why-massive/
    Live, Ski, or Die!

How is MIDA getting 75% of all tax revenue for 40 years, plus the discounted rooms as promised not getting what was promised?

It amazes me how any new ski development is automatically labeled a boondoggle and a waste. This extension of DV for all intents and purposes is not the end of the world.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    How is MIDA getting 75% of all tax revenue for 40 years, plus the discounted rooms as promised not getting what was promised?

It amazes me how any new ski development is automatically labeled a boondoggle and a waste. This extension of DV for all intents and purposes is not the end of the world.
    It doesn’t bother me one bit. I look at the Wasatch as a lost cause as far as “saving it” from the masses. This why I’m also for the One.

Read the op-ed. His concern is the lack of oversight and the fact that the local county has no say as to land use and their local regs. Also see that the MIDA board are not accountable to anyone.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Read the op-ed. His concern is the lack of oversight and the fact that the local county has no say as to land use and their local regs. Also see that the MIDA board are not accountable to anyone.
    I read it, where do you think I got those numbers. None of these are new, the setup has been in place since the Olympics were at Solitude.

That entire op-ed is one nimby manifesto. He claims there is a massive subsidy, but there isn't one at all. They just don't get to keep 75% of the tax revenue, which again, is not new, nor is it a subsidy.
    Last edited by AdironRider; Aug 14, 2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

I read it, where do you think I got those numbers. None of these are new, the setup has been in place since the Olympics were at Solitude.

That entire op-ed is one nimby manifesto. He claims there is a massive subsidy, but there isn't one at all. They just don't get to keep 75% of the tax revenue, which again, is not new, nor is it a subsidy.
    Must be knife sales are slow for you today. And the Olympics were not at Solitude, Mr. Know-it-All.

His concerns again are that this is another illustration of how local control is not a thing. The subsidy comment is in regards to the property tax revenue not going to the county. And the bigger context is that folks are trying to do the same thing with the inland port. It is not at all about NIMBY--the guy lives in SLC. Besides those issues, I don't think anyone thought that a small cabin would be exchanged for a $1 billion development. I think he raises some fair questions.

Honestly I don't care one way or the other, but a lot of us don't think it is prime ski terrain or is going to be anything really to write home about.
    Last edited by thetrailboss; Aug 15, 2019 at 8:18 AM.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information