New Resort Moving Forward in Utah: Mayflower Resort - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    The proposed map was shared on unofficial, and probably 50% is either due north to a north, northeast facing, which is actually a solid terrain direction. The other chunks are closer to a due east direction, but not much looks to be facing in a snow-consuming southerly direction.

With the lower elevation, however, I'm guessing they're going to have to invest a decent bit in snowmaking or resolve to simply close this area earlier than neighboring areas. Tough to say from eyeballing maps, but I'm guessing about 6,600 to about 7,600 is how they're arriving at 1,000 feet in vertical.
    The only north aspects are the north sides of some ridges/spines. Rest is pretty much due east mixed with south east. It’s garbage exposure and elevation. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    The only north aspects are the north sides of some ridges/spines. Rest is pretty much due east mixed with south east. It’s garbage exposure and elevation. End of story.
    End of story, except what is the chance that Mayflower's negotiated lease with Dear Valley includes access to the two lifts they own the land under on the upper mountain...

Mayflower.jpg

Interesting to note that very little of the proposed trails will be located on either southeastern or southern exposed terrain (hill shade on the pic is south).

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Mayflower.jpg

Interesting to note that very little of the proposed trails will be located on either southeastern or southern exposed terrain
    Which is what I said.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Which is what I said.
    Exactly, hence the reason why I posted the graphic so other people could grasp that idea...

Thread Information