McDonald (or Chinese buffet) of skiing? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When we first had passes, we used to ski a lot. Then it kinda became like a job. We're a lot more selective now with weather and conditions. We still get our value out of our passes; 4 days on the hill and we break even.

SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Hehe! You’re quite right. But your list doesn’t include the “McDonald” mountains such as Stratton & Mount Snow.

(there are decent xc skiing even in southern VT. But the trail fee are as much as 1/2 of daily lift tickets! )
    XC skiing right at Stratton and Mt Snow. Real good - and cheap ($20's) - not too far from Stratton at Wild Wings (Peru) and Viking (Londonderry).
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    XC skiing right at Stratton and Mt Snow. Real good - and cheap ($20's) - not too far from Stratton at Wild Wings (Peru) and Viking (Londonderry).
    What I really SHOULD be doing is cut back on skiing downhill (yes, sacrilege!) when condition is just so so, travel less, and stay close to home to ski Mohonk!

But I guess I'm still stuck on the phase of going to places because it's "free", especially it's places I don't get to do normally without spending an arm and a leg.

I'm hoping the novelty will eventually wear off, and I'll be back to doing what is good for me rather than what's good for the resorts. (not that I "contribute" all that much to the resorts' bottom line: my ski lunch is typically just a soup, no drinks no fries, I even bring my own cocoa pack! Yep, certifiable el cheapo)

Thread Information