Excersie thread ( overweight like me) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    30 minutes walk this afternoon to quick check eat
    The 2 miles in 40 minutes on treadmill on speed 3
    Incline 3.o

Scotty

incorporate some weight lifting too. Doesn't have to be too heavy. twice a week or so should do it.

Never abandon your strength..

This might be a little hardcore for now given your situation but I longboard 3 miles round trip penn station to job site everyday, then 4-5 days a week I hike the hills by me 3-5 miles depending on the route with lots of incline and decline carrying a 20lb kettlebell.

Carrying one forces you to engage all your core muscles to maintain a proper posture and stride while also blasting all your leg muscles. Switch hands every half mile, you can do it more often if you’re dominant side is way stronger than your weak side the key is to keep the intervals even though. Ive honestly found it to be the best all around workout for skiing, something to work towards.
    Keep up the walking for now till you can get to a point of walking 30 minutes without stopping at a brisk pace, then start to mix in the varying terrain and then start small with the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Scotty

incorporate some weight lifting too. Doesn't have to be too heavy. twice a week or so should do it.

Never abandon your strength..
    Agreed. You lose muscle mass every year after about 35, and it is really hard to ever get it back. That muscle helps your metabolism burn more calories.

Thread Information