Salt Lake City Lodging Info - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've stayed at Homewood Suites in Midvale in years past, since the skiers I travel with are snorers, we could have separate rooms. The rate also includes breakfast, and most weekdays have free evening snacks with free wine and beer (eg hot dogs & budweiser).
    Last edited by ThinkSnow; Aug 19, 2019 at 1:05 PM.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

A lot of the places in Sandy seem to be converted basement apartments. The places downtown are stand alone apartments often in a large building complex.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    A lot of the places in Sandy seem to be converted basement apartments. The places downtown are stand alone apartments often in a large building complex.
    Yes. Be wary of VRBOs.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Yes. Be wary of VRBOs.
    Why? I've never had a negative experience with either AirBNB or VRBO and I usually save a ton of money. The last time I used VRBO I got a 1 BR apartment with porch in a highrise in Toronto overlooking the water in the most expensive part of the city (including indoor parking) for $165 a night. Similar hotel accommodations would have been over $300 easily. The last time I used AirBNB was in Moab, Utah last summer, again, I got an entire unit for far less money than a common hotel room. I'm a huge lover of home/apartment rentals.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Last time I skied Colorado, I rented a nice 2 bedroom VRBO condo in Silverthorne for a week. Cost broke down to about $60 per night each for 2 of us. Only 'issue' with the condo- it was at a pretty high altitude- unlike staying in Midvale or Sandy, where us Eastcoasters can reacclimate to a lower elevation every night.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Why? I've never had a negative experience with either AirBNB or VRBO and I usually save a ton of money. The last time I used VRBO I got a 1 BR apartment with porch in a highrise in Toronto overlooking the water in the most expensive part of the city (including indoor parking) for $165 a night. Similar hotel accommodations would have been over $300 easily. The last time I used AirBNB was in Moab, Utah last summer, again, I got an entire unit for far less money than a common hotel room. I'm a huge lover of home/apartment rentals.
    Just because as the poster said the selection in Sandy may not be as good as folks hope.

FWIW our experience has been more good than bad. Our last trip, to San Diego, however involved a crazy host who drove us nuts.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information