Saddleback Meeting - Page 33

AlpineZone

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Man, that’s the best ski area news I’ve heard in weeks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Man, that’s the best ski area news I’ve heard in weeks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    Sounds like they got a firm order in place and are far enough along that it will work. I give them credit for moving forward and showing folks that they are indeed serious. Their timing may work out well because, with everyone else cancelling, the manufacturers will have the resources and motivation to get this project done quickly and done right. SB may even save some coin.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Sounds like they got a firm order in place and are far enough along that it will work. I give them credit for moving forward and showing folks that they are indeed serious. Their timing may work out well because, with everyone else cancelling, the manufacturers will have the resources and motivation to get this project done quickly and done right. SB may even save some coin.
    Agreed. This is a great example about how tough a business ski lift manufacturing is. I don't recall seeing announced lifts get cancelled like this before, but waiting to build a new lift is a no brainier if you need to save money fast.

Very glad to see they're going full steam ahead and hopefully everything is up and running for next winter.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

They have nothing to lose by removing it - it wouldn't operate even if the new lift doesn't make it in for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    They have nothing to lose by removing it - it wouldn't operate even if the new lift doesn't make it in for next season.
    ^^^^^This

Also note that some lifts are not canceled, only delayed a year on install. Boyne's two lifts fall in this category. In Swift Current 6's situation, the lift is fully fabricated already in Austria and will ship to the US as planned. Boyne already owns that lift, they are delaying install due to uncertainty on construction schedules now for this year and a risk of having no lift in those alignments. This is unlike Vail that has outright canceled the lift orders.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information