• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback Meeting

skicub

Anyone going to the Arctaris meeting on Saddleback tonight? Please report back if you go! [emoji120] thanks

Edd

Not seeing any news about the results of this meeting.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Sirbannedalot

I read a release from them they are going to attempt to open this season limited to holidays and weekends. And then fully become operation the next season.

skicub

I thought the video said that they were only likely to get the TBar replaced before the season? I’m assuming they couldn’t get much more than this, but maybe I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

machski

I thought the video said that they were only likely to get the TBar replaced before the season? I’m assuming they couldn’t get much more than this, but maybe I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
I think the two newer Quads could be brought up to speed and recertified fairly quickly for this season (Kennebago being one of them). They should be in decent shape by no way the Double could be certified or replaced this season

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

I think the two newer Quads could be brought up to speed and recertified fairly quickly for this season (Kennebago being one of them).

What other quad are you referring to? I’m only aware of the Kennebago.

Newpylong

South Branch Quad...

The Berry's grew weary of maintaining Rangley - a 53 year old lift. I have not heard of any catastrophic issues with the lift, other than it may not make sense depending on work needing to be performed. Remember, a lot of work goes into keeping lifts running. Bullwheel bearings, gearboxes, footing issues, comm line replacements, etc are all major. Then you have all your yearly line work, etc. The lift does have only 15 year old terminals though.

They would not be able to replace even the Cupsuptic T-Bar if they haven't started yet, plain and simple. If they operate on a limited basis this season it will need to be on existing lifts.

Hope to see some progress soon for Rangley's sake.

Last edited:

cdskier

Maybe I am missing something, but I only see pictures and no video.

Glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe I just was doing something wrong yesterday when I went to look. (And there's still a chance that's the case as I'm not much of an Instagram user)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe I just was doing something wrong yesterday when I went to look. (And there's still a chance that's the case as I'm not much of an Instagram user)

I'm interested in hearing what happened. I hope that they can get it going again.

machski

If they are not closing until 11/4 and Cup T-Bar needs to be replaced, doesn't sound promising unless we have a warm fall and late start to winter. They did say they want to promote uphill skinning so maybe they can set up a couple big weekends of that in the least.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app