Loon Getting RFID Gates - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    To each is own, but I don't want to go back to the days of waiting over an hour in a lift ticket line every morning?
    Been skiing my whole life & that's never happened to me once, let alone, "every" time I ski. I think about 20 minutes is the most I've ever waited (Jay Peak).

But FWIW, long waits in lift lines at a ski resort are not tech related, they're incompetence related. I used to sell lift tickets at Stowe & we staffed appropriately & moved lines with ruthless efficiency. The only days with long lines are holiday Saturdays, and perhaps a handful of Sundays anyway, but even then, if you're skiing someplace with a 1 hour lift ticket line, you're skiing the wrong someplace to begin with.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I was very skeptical of RFID at first...but now after using it at Sugarbush I've been converted to a believer. From my personal experience it is faster and more efficient than the old bar code passes/tickets. And to be fair, many of the times that someone gets stuck at a gate it is because they can't read the signs and follow simple directions. Everyone once in a while my card might not scan and I just back up a few inches and re-approach the gate and it works. Sure beats the countless number of times that the barcodes didn't scan in the past.

I like RFID, but the lift staff still has to be organized to fill the chairs if it’s crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Been skiing my whole life & that's never happened to me once, let alone, "every" time I ski.
    Hour long lines for tickets at routine at Blue. Maybe it's 45 minutes and just feels like an hour. Whatever it is, it's ridiculous and I would stop going there if I had to wait on that line each time. The only time that happened to me outside of the Poconos was when K was selling tickets for $20 on Mother's Day weekend from the pro-shop with a single cashier. Probably wasn't an hour there, either, but after ten minutes of waiting to buy a lift ticket time starts to stand still. Especially when you're close enough to the window to hear the idiocy that's holding up what should be a 20 second transaction at most.

Thread Information