• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods New Gondola Lift

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's the least affected large mountain by wind in New England, save for Magic. The windholds for the gondola while more frequent than their existing lifts, will still be minimal.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's the least affected large mountain by wind in New England, save for Magic. The windholds for the gondola while more frequent than their existing lifts, will still be minimal.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

You beat me to it. That has long been a marketing line for them. And BW is nowhere near as high as Mount Washington. That said, it is high up there and will be impacted by whatever wind there is. I imagine that they must have done wind studies before sticking those towers up that high (or maybe not).

machski

We will see on the Gondola. As I recall, when BW announced the project, they leaned the Gondola much more towards Summer operations in the announcement. So while it will operate in the winter, that wasn't necessarily this projects target impact for the resort. I took that to mean, if it is affected by wind, no love lost. I also believe hearing it only has half the cabins it could have to start. So it is not a very high capacity lift at this point

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
We will see on the Gondola. As I recall, when BW announced the project, they leaned the Gondola much more towards Summer operations in the announcement. So while it will operate in the winter, that wasn't necessarily this projects target impact for the resort. I took that to mean, if it is affected by wind, no love lost. I also believe hearing it only has half the cabins it could have to start. So it is not a very high capacity lift at this point

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I, too, read that it has less than the full number of gondolas that it can handle.