• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington zone not secure?

Shredder of Gnar

My iPad is reporting Kzone as not secure - anyone else seeing this or know anything about it?

Attachments

• C59FB2AA-4CCC-4275-9FB2-61EB1E311952.jpg
    C59FB2AA-4CCC-4275-9FB2-61EB1E311952.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 136

mbedle

Modern browsers are now identifying more clearly any websites that do not have valid SSL certificates. I thought there were some people on this forum that do that type of work, maybe they have a better explanation.

skiur

Why does it matter? Kzone isnt selling anything. The only time I worry if a site is secure is if I plan buying anything from it.

ironhippy

Why does it matter? Kzone isnt selling anything. The only time I worry if a site is secure is if I plan buying anything from it.

You worry if you care about your username/password.

When it's "Not Secure" the data is being passed back and forth unencrypted, meaning anyone looking at it can see it.

As you point out, that's not a big concern if you are just reading text, however when you submit your username and password, those credentials good get (easily) stolen. This shouldn't be a big deal, but if you use that username and password on other sites, you've just given that information away for free.

If you are using a separate username and password for every website you log into, then it won't matter much... but most people don't do that.

mbedle

I'll also add to iron hippy that data stolen can also include first and last name, town address, and what ever other information you have in your profile.