Winter 2019/2020 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From Jessica Facebook forecaster
    Who been very reliable since I started following her few years ago

I hope all y'all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving

Today will be dry, but cold and a bit breezy. Friday will start out Okay, but a storm will be in the Midwest. This storm is currently on a track similar to many of the other storms of late, but the setup is a little different. We’re going to have blocking high pressure in Eastern Canada back into the Great Lakes. This is going to force our storm’s energy to turn south and east. The transfer of energy will allow a secondary storm to form off the Mid Atlantic Coast. This transfer looks to start later Sunday morning.

The track and extent of the cold air will be a major factor in who sees what. But based on a blend of the American and European models…. this is looking very possible.

The General Idea:

Rain will move into southwest Pennsylvania late Saturday afternoon/evening into Saturday night. During the overnight (1-2 AM) Sunday morning, rain will change over to freezing rain (ZR) for western into central Pennsylvania (southwest Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh should see mainly rain). As we move into Sunday morning ZR will be falling over Northern Pennsylvania into western New York State. The ZR looks to fall for several hours. This could lead to quite a bit of ice accretion (0.10 to 0.25 inches with localized amounts of 0.50 inches). During the afternoon snow will be falling over interior New York State, Vermont, into New Hampshire. and most of southern New England. By Sunday night the coastal low will be wrapping up. And banding will be setting up, right now that looks to be across the eastern Mohawk Valley, the New York Capital District, and across Massachusetts, and most likely back into Northwest Pennsylvania and Southwest New York State (South and east of Syracuse and Utica) (Poconos and the Catskills 6+). The storm will last through Monday into Tuesday morning. Parts of Eastern New York State (around Albany could be the jackpot), back into Northwest Pennsylvania (Scranton), Southern Vermont Southern New Hampshire, Southern Maine, Massachusetts (Boston 6+) and parts of northern Connecticut look to see fairly significant and plowable snow (6 to 12+ inches). Snow amounts west and north of these areas will see lower amounts, but areas like State College and the Finger Lakes will still most likely end up with some snow. Northern New York State, northern Vermont, northern New Hampshire, and northern Maine will see lesser amounts than those to the south.

This is all subject to change as things evolve.
    This is based on my analysis, for official information go to your local NWS website.

I will have more later this evening and tomorrow.

From Jessica Facebook forecaster
    https://www.facebook.com/25498278121...2908346423185/
    I hope all y'all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving
    https://m.facebook.com/rebeccanorthe...&source=result
    Today will be dry, but cold and a bit breezy. Friday will start out Okay, but a storm will be in the Midwest. This storm is currently on a track similar to many of the other storms of late, but the setup is a little different. We’re going to have blocking high pressure in Eastern Canada back into the Great Lakes. This is going to force our storm’s energy to turn south and east. The transfer of energy will allow a secondary storm to form off the Mid Atlantic Coast. This transfer looks to start later Sunday morning.

The track and extent of the cold air will be a major factor in who sees what. But based on a blend of the American and European models…. this is looking very possible.

The General Idea:

Rain will move into southwest Pennsylvania late Saturday afternoon/evening into Saturday night. During the overnight (1-2 AM) Sunday morning, rain will change over to freezing rain (ZR) for western into central Pennsylvania (southwest Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh should see mainly rain). As we move into Sunday morning ZR will be falling over Northern Pennsylvania into western New York State. The ZR looks to fall for several hours. This could lead to quite a bit of ice accretion (0.10 to 0.25 inches with localized amounts of 0.50 inches). During the afternoon snow will be falling over interior New York State, Vermont, into New Hampshire. and most of southern New England. By Sunday night the coastal low will be wrapping up. And banding will be setting up, right now that looks to be across the eastern Mohawk Valley, the New York Capital District, and across Massachusetts, and most likely back into Northwest Pennsylvania and Southwest New York State (South and east of Syracuse and Utica) (Poconos and the Catskills 6+). The storm will last through Monday into Tuesday morning. Parts of Eastern New York State (around Albany could be the jackpot), back into Northwest Pennsylvania (Scranton), Southern Vermont Southern New Hampshire, Southern Maine, Massachusetts (Boston 6+) and parts of northern Connecticut look to see fairly significant and plowable snow (6 to 12+ inches). Snow amounts west and north of these areas will see lower amounts, but areas like State College and the Finger Lakes will still most likely end up with some snow. Northern New York State, northern Vermont, northern New Hampshire, and northern Maine will see lesser amounts than those to the south.

This is all subject to change as things evolve.
    This is based on my analysis, for official information go to your local NWS website.

I will have more later this evening and tomorrow.

Its going to snow in the Cats..because..i will be there...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

[QUOTE=ScottySkis;1029538]From Jessica Facebook forecaster
    https://www.facebook.com/25498278121...2908346423185/
    I
    https://m.facebook.com/rebeccanorthe...&source=result
    The Northeast is seeing its first significant widespread snowstorm of the season. I've seen around 8 inches of snow.

Snow is falling this morning across interior areas of the Northeast, from Pennsylvania, New York State, and New England. Boston, New York City and Philadelphia are seeing their first real accumulation of the season Rain showers are affecting areas closer to the coast, the I 95, across southern and southwest Pennsylvania. but most of these areas should see snow develop later today.

Winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories have been issued by the National Weather Service across a broad area from Maine into Pennsylvania. Heavy snow bands setup last evening/night, dumped a lot of snow across parts of the region. Winds with gust around 40 mph are impacting the Coast, while winds with gust of 20-30 mph are over the interior.

I'm seeing the expected post on a busted forecast for certain areas. But this isn't over yet...or even started yet for parts of eastern Pennsylvania Into New England. These areas will most likely see snow from part two...........

Part one is basically over, today into Tuesday we will be dealing with part two. The coastal low is stalled east of New Jersey and south of Long Island. Several inches of additional snow are likely from northeast Pennsylvania, northern New Jersey Southeast New York/Hudson Valley (north of New York City) and much of New England. Central/southern Connecticut, Rhode Island and southeast Massachusetts, look to see 2-4 inches. Even the Jersey Shore should see 1-2 inches. Northeast Pennsylvania Allentown, Scranton, down into Philadelphia, Southeast New York State including Albany and across much of western and northern Connecticut will likely see 3 to 6 inches of additional snow today. Massachusetts, Southern Vermont, Southern New Hampshire and Eastern New England will see 6-18 inches of additional snow. The Tuesday commute across these areas will be rough. Maryland and Delaware north of DC could see a dusting to an inch or so of snow.

Today snow amounts will depend on where banding sets up. So, differences in snow amounts will likely occur over relatively short distances. Some areas will see more than I’m showing others will see less than I’m showing……. We’re use to snowstorms and banding so this is nothing new. But generally this is how it should work out.

Snow will be winding down Tuesday afternoon and it should mostly be over with by Tuesday night.

Thread Information