Pico receives approval to connect into Killington water source - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    ive only been to pico on weekends. often powder days or post storm skiing. i've never once felt that the lodge was crowded or the lift lines were substantial. never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    ive only been to pico on weekends. often powder days or post storm skiing. i've never once felt that the lodge was crowded or the lift lines were substantial. never ever.
    Have been to both Pico and Burke on MLK Day and Burke had a worse lift line.

Lodge different story.. but when I've been it's either hit or miss. As in, pick your seat anywhere you want, or no seats at all.

That said I've always got good parking spaces even on the hard-to-sit-lodge days. Who the hell knows, I like to spread out and maintain a personal 20 foot radius bubble when booting up. Everyone is different I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Lodge/bar is always crowded on a Saturday, lift lines aren't.

Only have skied Pico on weekdays.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Pico receives approval to connect into Killington water source

I've only skied Pico on days when there was snow on the ground and only had lunch in the lodge on days when it was open.
    I've only found it crowded when it was hard to find a seat.
    And ive only used the bathrooms when I needed to and when the toilets were flushing properly.

Don't Killington, Pico
    Don't Stowe, Smuggs

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I think it would help anyone coming from Rutland or the NY Thruway. To go up the K access road up to K1 adds 10-15 minutes compared to just going to the Pico lot. I am always coming to K from 100 south and as long as they are open I go to Skyeship or Bear. I prefer less crowded lodges, ample parking, and most importantly 10-15 minutes less of driving rather than being at the "heart" of the resort by going to K1. If I came from Rutland I would go crazy trying to get to K1 or even Snowshed/Ramshead on a mid-winter weekend. Sometimes I will go to K1 on a Friday and that is pretty bad by its self.
    However the Pico parking lot generally would not be able to handle this type of influx of added cars.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    However the Pico parking lot generally would not be able to handle this type of influx of added cars.
    IIRC that lot is pretty big. And often not close to full.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Why would one think Killington would not do something to modify Pico parking should an interconnect ever happen? I would think they would upgrade Pico lifts in addition if they do an interconnect. Time will tell I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    IIRC that lot is pretty big. And often not close to full.
    In my experience most mainstream weekends (barring crappy weather days) it is probably 75-80% full. If there is a race on B-Slope it can be more than that. It wouldn't take much of the Killington crowd to over run the parking lot.

Thread Information