This (broken) website

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This (broken) website

Does anyone know why this website goes down every other day & remains down for hours?

I'd PM Nick & ask, but I'm pretty sure he now lives on some remote Pacific island with no internet connection.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Does anyone know why this website goes down every other day & remains down for hours?

I'd PM Nick & ask, but I'm pretty sure he now lives on some remote Pacific island with no internet connection.
    Thought it was my connection. The community has a wealth of knowledge and deserves a functional forum. May be time to relocate if the alpinezone admin cannot maintain a functioning site.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Completely agree. It makes no sense that this thing goes down constantly. For $10/month you can have plenty of bandwidth with a commercial service.

I give up on asking him anything about AZ
    He on Facebook a lot and well

Completely agree with all the above. I was under the assumption that the added downtime was due to additional traffic as the season is just around the corner.

The site Northeast Mountain Sports (link isn't working...sigh) was started by an Alpinezoner but I don't remember who exactly. I've checked in from time-to-time but it just doesn't get the same traffic we get here. It is something we all should bookmark in case AZ goes dead entirely.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

I'm working with the host, the flapping just started a few days ago. The host has had spotty service for a while (Jaguarpc) and i've been intending to swap hosts but it's been more complex than I anticipated.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Nick...

For real though, thanks for keeping the lights on!
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm working with the host, the flapping just started a few days ago. The host has had spotty service for a while (Jaguarpc) and i've been intending to swap hosts but it's been more complex than I anticipated.
    Good to hear, thanks.

Also glad to hear you're not in a Communist Chinese prison.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    Nick...

For real though, thanks for keeping the lights on!
    Bet it was some late night/early morning strong multi-tasking work in between diaper changes and feedings for his family's recent arrival!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Deadheadskiier is also over on K Zone a bit, so when I have a question about AZ, I message him and usually get an answer in a few hours. His general answer is "Nick's working on it".

Thread Information